Jan 17, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
The Astros haven’t had a winning record since they went 86-75 in 2008.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 10, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Neshek had two-year offers from a total of eight different teams.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
The Astros have gotten more to fix their bullpen before 10am than most teams do all day.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
The Cardinals aren’t expected to retain the services of any of the five players headed into free agency once the World Series is over. Fortunately, none of the five are key contributors.
Oct 17, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
The decision that doomed the Cardinals.
Oct 16, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
The Giants are headed to the World Series for the third time in the past five seasons.
Oct 16, 2014, 10:44 PM EST
We have a brand new ballgame in San Francisco.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:59 AM EST
We have a new longform site. At least that’s what all the cool kids call it these days. We just call it great, substantial writing.
Oct 7, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
The Cardinals are heading to the NLCS for the fourth consecutive season, and for the ninth time since 2000.
Oct 7, 2014, 12:13 AM EST
The Cardinals are now just one win away from a trip to the NLCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:09 AM EST
The Cardinals and Dodgers traded late homers, but it was Matt Kemp’s solo shot in the bottom of the eighth that allowed the Dodgers to emerge victorious, evening the NLDS at 1-1.
Oct 3, 2014, 10:47 PM EST
Game 1 of the NLDS went off-script and it turned out to be a fun match-up between bitter playoff rivals.
Sep 5, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
The Cardinals now have a four-game lead over the Brewers in the National League Central.
Aug 20, 2014, 1:03 PM EST
A long and rich tradition of giving up expensive things for a jersey number continues.
Aug 7, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
Neshek is 5-0 with a 0.78 ERA and 49/6 K/BB ratio in 46 innings and he’s two months from hitting the open market for the first sizable payday of his career.
Jul 15, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
MINNEAPOLIS — The most remarkable and wonderful part about the Pat Neshek story is that it isn’t one story. It is 10 different stories going over top of each other like different children’s hands working their way up the handle of a baseball bat in that game to decide who hits first. When Neshek starts crying…
Jul 11, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy will start for the NL All-Stars after all. Miguel Montero makes the roster, taking the place of the injured Yadier Molina.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
Jun 14, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Pitcher wins are the best stat ever.
Feb 6, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
The Cardinals have signed right-hander Pat Neshek to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training. Neshek, 33, posted a 3.35 ERA and 29/15 K/BB ratio in 40 1/3 innings over 45 relief appearances with the Athletics last season. The sidearmer elected free agency after being outrighted off the 40-man roster in November.…
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 10
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)