Apr 24, 2015, 8:31 AM EDT
The Dodgers’ infielder-without-a-position is among the league leaders in HR and RBI, yet he’s only started three games and has only made 20 plate appearances.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Apr 12, 2015, 9:34 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw wasn’t his usual dominant self on Opening Day last Monday against the Padres, yielding three earned runs on two walks and six hits over just six innings. And he was even worse in his second turn through the Dodgers’ 2015 rotation.
Apr 11, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Turner was spiked on his hand and Uribe tweaked his hamstring. The good news is that they are both considered day-to-day.
Apr 7, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Third base? Right Field? First base? For now, Triple-A.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:04 PM EDT
New regime, different results?
Sep 26, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
With Kirk Gibson gone, a look at what’s next for the Diamondbacks.
Sep 25, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Since debuting as a 22-year-old in June of last season Puig has played 249 games and hit .306 with a .387 on-base percentage and .504 slugging percentage.
Sep 20, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Matt Garza doesn’t hit many batters, but the right-hander managed to hit Andrew McCutchen twice in his start on Saturday.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Aug 6, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Sounds to me like Tony La Russa is blaming the victim. Or else he’s simply writing more rules in the great Unwritten Rule Book.
Aug 3, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
“He’s done,” Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said of first baseman Paul Goldschmidt’s season after he suffered a broken left hand.
Aug 3, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
And don’t stop there.
Aug 2, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks got some bad news on Saturday, learning that Paul Goldschmidt has a fractured left hand.
Aug 2, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt was hit in the left hand on a pitch from Pirates reliever Ernesto Frieri last night and X-rays came back inconclusive.
Jul 29, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Now we’re cooking with gas.
Jul 20, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Hitters rarely credit the Home Run Derby when they perform well in the second half. Usually, they only blame it if they struggle. Giancarlo Stanton says the Derby helped him get locked in after slumping going into the All-Star break.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Jul 15, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
The Captain’s Midsummer Classic Swan Song
Jul 15, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Midsummer Classic is finally here. Let’s look at what we’ll be looking at this evening.
Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy will start for the NL All-Stars after all. Miguel Montero makes the roster, taking the place of the injured Yadier Molina.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
A handful of injuries went down last night, but so too did strict adherence to the Restoring Pitching Act of 2013.
Jul 9, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Watch as Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt sent his team to a Wednesday afternoon walkoff defeat of the visiting Marlins with this two-run double to left-center field …
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)