Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Paul Konerko and Jimmy Rollins are your co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 28, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Bobby Abreu got to finish out his playing career in style, singling in the fifth inning before being removed for a pinch-runner so he could face a Citi Field crowd giving him a standing ovation.
Sep 28, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Watch as retiring first baseman Paul Konerko leaves the field for the final time Sunday afternoon in Chicago …
Sep 28, 2014, 11:21 AM EST
Watch as the retiring first baseman addresses the fans on Paul Konerko Day at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago …
Sep 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
“My kid said the other day that he’s going to allow me to be out for a year then I have to get back in.”
Sep 26, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
He was an on-base machine who racked up 2,469 hits with 288 homers and 400 steals.
Sep 25, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
After sixteen years in Chicago and an eighteen year career in the bigs, Paul Konerko is saying goodbye on Sunday.
Sep 19, 2014, 4:19 PM EST
Konerko has hit just .220 with five homers and a .616 OPS in 74 games.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 15, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko has insisted that he’ll return from a fractured bone in his left hand to play again before his scheduled retirement, even if it means doing so at less than 100 percent.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“It’s not like I have to go through a program of building it back up.”
Sep 6, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Paul Konerko is adamant about returning before the end of the season before he hangs up his spikes.
Sep 5, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko has been winding down his 18-year career in a part-time role, but now it may come to a premature end.
Aug 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
The White Sox are reportedly interested in signing Victor Martinez away from a division rival.
Aug 24, 2014, 2:04 PM EST
Derek Jeter has been collecting retirement gifts in every road city that the Yankees have traveled to in his farewell season, but he did the presenting Sunday afternoon in New York …
Aug 19, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
“I’m not a 22-year-old single guy anymore. There are a lot of things that play into coming back and your decision.”
Aug 11, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko isn’t getting a city-by-city farewell tour like Derek Jeter, but the 38-year-old six-time All-Star is retiring after 18 seasons in the majors.
Jul 15, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
A rocky start, a grooved pitch, a fond farewell and the granting of home field advantage in the World Series to the Junior Circuit.
Jul 9, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Jose Abreu has enjoyed his first look at Fenway Park, the historic venue that very nearly was his home.
Jul 8, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
The trade deadline is rapidly approaching and Rick Hahn already has his poker face on.
Jun 9, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Jose Abreu has made a good first impression on Albert Pujols and it has nothing to do with his home run total.
May 23, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
To say Paul Konerko respects Derek Jeter would be an understatement.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EST
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 3
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 76
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)