Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Paul Konerko and Jimmy Rollins are your co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 28, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Bobby Abreu got to finish out his playing career in style, singling in the fifth inning before being removed for a pinch-runner so he could face a Citi Field crowd giving him a standing ovation.
Sep 28, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Watch as retiring first baseman Paul Konerko leaves the field for the final time Sunday afternoon in Chicago …
Sep 28, 2014, 11:21 AM EST
Watch as the retiring first baseman addresses the fans on Paul Konerko Day at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago …
Sep 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
“My kid said the other day that he’s going to allow me to be out for a year then I have to get back in.”
Sep 26, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
He was an on-base machine who racked up 2,469 hits with 288 homers and 400 steals.
Sep 25, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
After sixteen years in Chicago and an eighteen year career in the bigs, Paul Konerko is saying goodbye on Sunday.
Sep 19, 2014, 4:19 PM EST
Konerko has hit just .220 with five homers and a .616 OPS in 74 games.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 15, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko has insisted that he’ll return from a fractured bone in his left hand to play again before his scheduled retirement, even if it means doing so at less than 100 percent.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“It’s not like I have to go through a program of building it back up.”
Sep 6, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Paul Konerko is adamant about returning before the end of the season before he hangs up his spikes.
Sep 5, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko has been winding down his 18-year career in a part-time role, but now it may come to a premature end.
Aug 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
The White Sox are reportedly interested in signing Victor Martinez away from a division rival.
Aug 24, 2014, 2:04 PM EST
Derek Jeter has been collecting retirement gifts in every road city that the Yankees have traveled to in his farewell season, but he did the presenting Sunday afternoon in New York …
Aug 19, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
“I’m not a 22-year-old single guy anymore. There are a lot of things that play into coming back and your decision.”
Aug 11, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko isn’t getting a city-by-city farewell tour like Derek Jeter, but the 38-year-old six-time All-Star is retiring after 18 seasons in the majors.
Jul 15, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
A rocky start, a grooved pitch, a fond farewell and the granting of home field advantage in the World Series to the Junior Circuit.
Jul 9, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Jose Abreu has enjoyed his first look at Fenway Park, the historic venue that very nearly was his home.
Jul 8, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
The trade deadline is rapidly approaching and Rick Hahn already has his poker face on.
Jun 9, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Jose Abreu has made a good first impression on Albert Pujols and it has nothing to do with his home run total.
May 23, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
To say Paul Konerko respects Derek Jeter would be an understatement.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EST
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)