Dec 22, 2014, 9:04 AM EST
He’ll be under team control through 2019.
Dec 5, 2014, 3:42 PM EST
One of the best relievers on the market is heading to New York.
Dec 1, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
They could be offering him four years.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Sep 25, 2014, 5:02 PM EST
One out and half-a-million bucks.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:18 AM EST
The Dodgers clinch the NL West behind another outstanding performance from Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 24, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
It’s a helluva list to sit atop.
Sep 24, 2014, 3:44 PM EST
Rough time for rain in Minnesota.
Sep 20, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
Twins right-hander Phil Hughes has thrived with a change of scenery this season and he could finish the year with a place in MLB history.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EST
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 13, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
Yesterday’s rainout could prevent Phil Hughes from collecting an innings bonus.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EST
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:33 AM EST
Another Washington walkoff. Another dominant Clayton Kershaw start. And some unusual stuff happened too.
Aug 21, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
But not the best among major league starters this season.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:16 PM EST
Stephen Drew hadn’t felt the joy of a base hit since June 17. He was able to end the drought with a ground-rule double against the Yankees on Friday night.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
Jun 22, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Phil Hughes has had pinpoint control this season. His walkless streak was, unfortunately, put to rest in Sunday’s start against the White Sox.
Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 AM EST
Nine wins in a row and the shelling of a Tigers ace for the second straight night. And with that, the Royals are in first place.
Jun 2, 2014, 6:08 AM EST
Six shutouts on Sunday afternoon. So don’t worry if you think you wasted your day because 20% of all major league teams didn’t get much done yesterday either.
May 22, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Once upon a time Phil Hughes was the best pitching prospect in baseball, but his Yankees career came to a disappointing end last season as he went 4-14 with a 5.19 ERA in 146 innings before hitting the open market as a free agent.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 34
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)