Sep 17, 2014, 10:43 PM EDT
Watch as new Red Sox outfielder collects the first hit of his major league career Wednesday night at PNC Park on a hot shot that Pirates second baseman Neil Walker couldn’t quite handle …
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 16, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Which makes absolutely no friggin’ sense at all.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 15, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
That means Vance Worley moving to the bullpen
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 14, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Watch as Josh Harrison starts this around-the-horn triple play Sunday in Pittsburgh …
Sep 13, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
Morneau currently has a .315 batting average, three points behind Pittsburgh’s Josh Harrison for the National League lead.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Liriano shut out the Phillies for eight innings Thursday night, racking up 12 strikeouts and totaling 25 swinging strikes out of 106 total pitches.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 11, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Marte has been one of the hottest hitters in the game since returning from a concussion in early August.
Sep 10, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Watch as Pirates star Andrew McCutchen races around the bases for a game-tying stand-up inside-the-park home run in the fifth inning Wednesday night at Philadelphia’s Citizens Bank Park …
Sep 10, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Healthy or not his role was in question after throwing problems got him benched at third base.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
Pirates super-utilityman Josh Harrison rolled his left ankle Saturday at Wrigley Field after pivoting awkwardly to make a throw following an impressive over-the-shoulder catch. But all is well now …
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Pedro Alvarez’s throwing problems caused the Pirates to stop playing him at third base and now a foot injury is keeping him from playing, period.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 7, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Gerrit Cole got the win in Sunday’s start against the Cubs. Oh, and he also hit his first major league home run. All in a day’s work.
Sep 7, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Pirates infielder Josh Harrison rolled his left ankle after making an over-the-shoulder catch on Saturday at Wrigley Field and is not in the starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale. Brent Morel is at third base and Jordy Mercer is playing shortstop.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Ben Revere had himself a ballgame. He hit his second career home run with two outs in the ninth to tie the ballgame, and maintained his batting average lead in the National League.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Victor Martinez continued his fantastic season with a great August showing, while Josh Harrison allowed the Pirates to weather the loss of reigning NL MVP Andrew McCutchen.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 52
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (89)