Feb 25, 2015, 9:21 PM EST
Andrew McCutchen is currently under contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates through the 2018 season, but the club is already looking well into the future and they want to make sure the star outfielder remains a major part of it.
Feb 25, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Two-time All-Star was signed to fill a part-time role.
Feb 23, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
Baseball-Reference.com doesn’t list player minutes because that would be silly. But the Pirates are thinking, in their own way, about such things.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Alex Gordon has a tough decision ahead of him — he has a player option for the 2016 season. If he doesn’t choose to use it, he would become a free agent after this season.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 19, 2015, 3:02 PM EST
The Dbacks’ 1B-OF will make $6.9 million in 2015.
Feb 19, 2015, 2:19 PM EST
He’ll be paid $5.75 million this season compared to the team’s $5.25 million counter.
Feb 13, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Andrew McCutchen wrote an excellent article explaining how baseball is disadvantageous to kids from lower-income communities.
Feb 11, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Lucroy finished fourth in the MVP balloting last season.
Feb 10, 2015, 4:16 PM EST
That means he’ll earn $2.45 million rather than the Pirates’ filing of $2 million.
Feb 9, 2015, 2:14 PM EST
Elmore was dropped from the 40-man roster by the Pirates last week
Feb 7, 2015, 3:10 PM EST
Walker lost his arbitration case against the Pirates even coming off the best season of his career.
Feb 2, 2015, 3:45 PM EST
Axford was tabbed as the Indians’ closer to begin last season, but quickly lost the job and eventually wound up with the Pirates.
Jan 29, 2015, 6:45 PM EST
Add another name to the list of fifth starter candidates for the Braves.
Jan 27, 2015, 8:28 PM EST
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have completed a trade for Pirates outfielder Travis Snider. Pittsburgh’s return is a player to be named later and 21-year-old pitching prospect Stephen Tarpley.
Jan 27, 2015, 6:19 PM EST
The Orioles have failed in their pursuit of several free agent outfielders this offseason, so they might now be turning to the trade market to fill the need.
Jan 20, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
He was cut to make room for the arrival of Jung-ho Kang.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 14, 2015, 11:58 PM EST
The Padres added some pitching depth, signing Daniel McCutchen to a minor league deal.
Jan 13, 2015, 1:43 PM EST
Wandy Rodriguez was reportedly set to sign a minor-league deal with the Phillies two weeks ago.
Jan 13, 2015, 8:40 AM EST
The Pirates’ brass is being pretty diplomatic about it, but you have to figure they’d like to see him there.
Jan 12, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
The righty reliever was most recently in Pittsburgh.
Jan 12, 2015, 12:51 PM EST
There is an option for 2019 as well.
Jan 11, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
A.J. Burnett plans to retire after the 2015 season. He returned to the Pirates after signing a one-year deal in November.
Jan 10, 2015, 8:58 AM EST
The two sides are reportedly close to a four-year deal.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 248
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 48
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (253)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Yankees fans: would you give up the 2009 title just to be rid of A-Rod? (122)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)