Jul 4, 2015, 12:39 PM EDT
Bauer also had a heck of an at-bat in the process.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Jameson Taillon was getting pretty close to returning to action for the Pirates, but an inguinal hernia has knocked him back on the shelf.
Jul 2, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
He thinks Gerrit Cole hit him intentionally. He’s probably right.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
This is what your face looks like when you give up your first hit of the game with two outs in the ninth inning.
Jul 1, 2015, 7:31 AM EDT
Shutouts are rare in baseball these days. M’s rookie Mike Montgomery has two in a row.
Jun 28, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
Breaking up Max Scherzer’s bid for a perfect game didn’t buy Jose Tabata any extra leash length with the Pirates.
Jun 27, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen is among the league leaders in HBP’s, prompting him to give body armor a whirl.
Jun 27, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Williams Perez has been a pleasant surprise since joining the Braves’ rotation last month, but he was placed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday due to a left foot contusion.
Jun 27, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen left today’s game against the Braves after he was hit in the left elbow by a 91 mph fastball from Julio Teheran in the first inning.
Jun 26, 2015, 9:14 PM EDT
Max Scherzer isn’t the only Nationals starter who has been pitching well as of late.
Jun 25, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Carlos Carrasco tamed the Tigers in what was clearly a worked match.
Jun 24, 2015, 9:08 AM EDT
Or, at the very least, their seventh inning lead.
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 21, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
Could Max Scherzer pitch back-to-back no-hitters like Johnny Vander Meer?
Jun 21, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Life returned to normal on Sunday following Max Scherzer’s failed attempt at a perfect game on Saturday.
Jun 21, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
MLB.com has spliced together video showing all 27 outs of Max Schezer’s no-hitter Saturday against the Pirates. You’ll also see Max hit Jose Tabata on the elbow, which cost him a perfect game …
Jun 20, 2015, 7:13 PM EDT
Jose Tabata ruined Max Scherzer’s perfect game when he was hit by a pitch, which has left a bitter taste in the mouths of many.
Jun 20, 2015, 6:49 PM EDT
Max Scherzer settled for a no-hitter on Saturday against the Pirates.
Jun 20, 2015, 5:29 PM EDT
We could have some history in the making this afternoon at Nationals Park…
Jun 20, 2015, 5:24 PM EDT
It’s only June 20, but Bryce Harper has already set a new-career high in home runs.
Jun 19, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff balk is just the latest weird occurrence in a weird week of baseball.
Jun 18, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
More blowouts. More position players pitching. A couple of heroic performances. We had a little of everything last night.
Jun 17, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
Three position players pitched last night. Maybe it was that or maybe it was something else, but I feel the need this morning to grapple with our place in a harsh and uncaring universe.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:40 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera thought about leasing Corey Kluber but he talked with his financial advisor and determined that owning him was the better option.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)