Jun 29, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
You’ve probably heard this advice for hitting knuckleballers before: If it’s low, let it go. If it’s high, let it fly. Well, Red Sox third baseman Pablo Sandoval took that to the extreme tonight against R.A. Dickey of the Blue Jays…
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 19, 2015, 10:33 AM EDT
His father died on Tuesday. R.A. Dickey gutted out a win last night.
Jun 19, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff balk is just the latest weird occurrence in a weird week of baseball.
Jun 15, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
The Mets came from behind to beat the Blue Jays 4-3 in 11 innings tonight at Citi Field, snapping Toronto’s winning streak at 11 games.
Jun 13, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Russell Martin played hero for the second straight day as the Blue Jays defeated the Red Sox 5-4 in 11 innings this afternoon at Fenway Park in Boston.
May 22, 2015, 7:19 AM EDT
The Giants own the Dodgers at AT&T Park. And the Madison Bumgarner owned Clayton Kershaw. At least yesterday.
May 8, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Dillon Gee hits the DL, Bartolo Colon moves up a day, and Noah Syndergaard will come up Tuesday to make his MLB debut.
Apr 23, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Josh Thole is up from Triple-A.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle has become the 116th pitcher to win at least 200 games in his career.
Apr 7, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
He’s in knuckleballer territory now.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 12, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Put an APB out for a grimacing man without an elbow ligament. Probably driving more slowly than most, but in crazy, unpredictable patterns.
Mar 12, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“How many velocity questions are we going to have?”
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
Nov 1, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
While the Blue Jays declined Justin Smoak’s option, he is still under team control for one more season and will now go through the arbitration process.
Oct 9, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Dan Johnson has been on the fringes of the major leagues for the past few seasons as a position player/designated hitter, but he’s hoping to prolong his career by developing a knuckleball.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
The procedure went as planned and d’Arnaud is expected to be fully recovered by the start of spring training next February.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Aug 2, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
The Minute Maid Park roof will be open at gametime in August for the first time in a decade. Perhaps not coincidentally, the Astros will be facing knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 19, 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
Travis d’Arnaud has looked like a keeper since his return from Triple-A Las Vegas.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 11
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)