Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
Nov 1, 2014, 3:13 PM EST
While the Blue Jays declined Justin Smoak’s option, he is still under team control for one more season and will now go through the arbitration process.
Oct 9, 2014, 8:27 PM EST
Dan Johnson has been on the fringes of the major leagues for the past few seasons as a position player/designated hitter, but he’s hoping to prolong his career by developing a knuckleball.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 PM EST
The procedure went as planned and d’Arnaud is expected to be fully recovered by the start of spring training next February.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Aug 2, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
The Minute Maid Park roof will be open at gametime in August for the first time in a decade. Perhaps not coincidentally, the Astros will be facing knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EST
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 19, 2014, 11:48 AM EST
Travis d’Arnaud has looked like a keeper since his return from Triple-A Las Vegas.
Jul 11, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
Kershaw’s streak is the third longest since 1990.
Jul 6, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
Two Mets minor leaguers were arrested for drag racing in Kingsport, Tennessee on Friday.
Jun 14, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
The former CY Young winner could miss some time.
Jun 8, 2014, 8:40 AM EST
The guy the Mets traded R.A. Dickey to get has yet to figure it out at the big league level.
May 27, 2014, 7:17 PM EST
Travis d’Arnaud is expected to return to the Mets on Wednesday after missing a little over two weeks because of a concussion.
May 25, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Blue Jays held the American League’s best offense to five runs in a three-game series sweep. Are they for real?
May 25, 2014, 8:53 AM EST
The biggest story from Saturday was the defending-champion Red Sox losing their ninth straight game. On the very opposite end of the American League East standings the Blue Jays won their fifth straight game, with R.A. Dickey pitching a season-high 8 1/3 innings and Brett Lawrie homering in a 5-2 defeat of the host Oakland A’s.
May 24, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
R.A. Dickey held the Athletics to two runs over 8 1/3 innings with the Rogers Centre roof open for the first time this season. Dickey didn’t want to talk about it.
May 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud is symptom-free after his recent concussion.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
Adam Wainwright turned in the latest of several dominant pitching performances around Major League Baseball this week.
Apr 11, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Steve Sparks had his greatest in-game contribution in a decade.
Apr 11, 2014, 6:15 AM EST
If a pitcher has a foreign substance on his hand and no one is there to complain about it, does it still raise a stink?
Apr 5, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Umpires reviewed whether Josh Thole blocked the plate on Francisco Cervelli this afternoon.
Apr 4, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Five Blue Jays players were willing to sacrifice salary to help bring in one of the top free agent pitchers.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)