Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle has become the 116th pitcher to win at least 200 games in his career.
Apr 7, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
He’s in knuckleballer territory now.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 12, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Put an APB out for a grimacing man without an elbow ligament. Probably driving more slowly than most, but in crazy, unpredictable patterns.
Mar 12, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“How many velocity questions are we going to have?”
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
Nov 1, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
While the Blue Jays declined Justin Smoak’s option, he is still under team control for one more season and will now go through the arbitration process.
Oct 9, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Dan Johnson has been on the fringes of the major leagues for the past few seasons as a position player/designated hitter, but he’s hoping to prolong his career by developing a knuckleball.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
The procedure went as planned and d’Arnaud is expected to be fully recovered by the start of spring training next February.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Aug 2, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
The Minute Maid Park roof will be open at gametime in August for the first time in a decade. Perhaps not coincidentally, the Astros will be facing knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 19, 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
Travis d’Arnaud has looked like a keeper since his return from Triple-A Las Vegas.
Jul 11, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
Kershaw’s streak is the third longest since 1990.
Jul 6, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
Two Mets minor leaguers were arrested for drag racing in Kingsport, Tennessee on Friday.
Jun 14, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The former CY Young winner could miss some time.
Jun 8, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
The guy the Mets traded R.A. Dickey to get has yet to figure it out at the big league level.
May 27, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
Travis d’Arnaud is expected to return to the Mets on Wednesday after missing a little over two weeks because of a concussion.
May 25, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Blue Jays held the American League’s best offense to five runs in a three-game series sweep. Are they for real?
May 25, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
The biggest story from Saturday was the defending-champion Red Sox losing their ninth straight game. On the very opposite end of the American League East standings the Blue Jays won their fifth straight game, with R.A. Dickey pitching a season-high 8 1/3 innings and Brett Lawrie homering in a 5-2 defeat of the host Oakland A’s.
May 24, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
R.A. Dickey held the Athletics to two runs over 8 1/3 innings with the Rogers Centre roof open for the first time this season. Dickey didn’t want to talk about it.
May 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud is symptom-free after his recent concussion.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 0
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)