May 22, 2015, 7:19 AM EDT
The Giants own the Dodgers at AT&T Park. And the Madison Bumgarner owned Clayton Kershaw. At least yesterday.
May 8, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Dillon Gee hits the DL, Bartolo Colon moves up a day, and Noah Syndergaard will come up Tuesday to make his MLB debut.
Apr 23, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Josh Thole is up from Triple-A.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle has become the 116th pitcher to win at least 200 games in his career.
Apr 7, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
He’s in knuckleballer territory now.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 12, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Put an APB out for a grimacing man without an elbow ligament. Probably driving more slowly than most, but in crazy, unpredictable patterns.
Mar 12, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“How many velocity questions are we going to have?”
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
Nov 1, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
While the Blue Jays declined Justin Smoak’s option, he is still under team control for one more season and will now go through the arbitration process.
Oct 9, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Dan Johnson has been on the fringes of the major leagues for the past few seasons as a position player/designated hitter, but he’s hoping to prolong his career by developing a knuckleball.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
The procedure went as planned and d’Arnaud is expected to be fully recovered by the start of spring training next February.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Aug 2, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
The Minute Maid Park roof will be open at gametime in August for the first time in a decade. Perhaps not coincidentally, the Astros will be facing knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 19, 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
Travis d’Arnaud has looked like a keeper since his return from Triple-A Las Vegas.
Jul 11, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
Kershaw’s streak is the third longest since 1990.
Jul 6, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
Two Mets minor leaguers were arrested for drag racing in Kingsport, Tennessee on Friday.
Jun 14, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The former CY Young winner could miss some time.
Jun 8, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
The guy the Mets traded R.A. Dickey to get has yet to figure it out at the big league level.
May 27, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
Travis d’Arnaud is expected to return to the Mets on Wednesday after missing a little over two weeks because of a concussion.
May 25, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Blue Jays held the American League’s best offense to five runs in a three-game series sweep. Are they for real?
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 54
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)