Feb 17, 2015, 9:19 PM EST
Jansen will be on crutches for the next 10 days and in a protective walking boot for the next 3-4 weeks. In total, the rehabilitation process is expected to take 8-12 weeks.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:40 PM EST
The Brewers remain in the market for a closer, but trade talks for Papelbon don’t have much momentum at the moment.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Francisco Rodriguez? Rafael Soriano?
Jan 23, 2015, 2:50 AM EST
Milwaukee might have found a way to spend Yovani Gallardo’s money.
Jan 19, 2015, 7:57 PM EST
After dealing Yovani Gallardo to the Rangers, many speculated that the Brewers will make a run at free agent right-hander James Shields. Brewers GM Doug Melvin doesn’t see it happening.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Nov 11, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
He’s the fourth rookie manager to win the award.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Both players are now free agents.
Oct 17, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Soriano was fantastic in the first half with 22 saves and a 0.97 ERA, but then he posted a 6.48 ERA in the second half while being stripped of closing duties.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:28 AM EST
Few changes are needed for the club with the NL’s best record in 2014.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:06 AM EST
Yeah, but it’ll be all hands on deck for Game Never on Thursday.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
Matt Williams says he kicked himself “all night” for taking out Jordan Zimmermann with two outs in the ninth inning in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Giants on Saturday night. But was his decision really wrong?
Oct 4, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
We’re in the 18th in Washington, D.C.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:42 PM EST
Yet more drama in the 2014 post-season: the Giants seemed destined to be victims of a Jordan Zimmermann shutout, but rallied with two outs in the ninth to send Game 2 of the NLDS into extra innings.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
It’s rather surprising to see Soriano there.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 14, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Rafael Soriano has made some mechanical adjustments but the Nationals aren’t ready to hand him back the closer’s role yet.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 6, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
The Nationals aren’t making any rash decisions with the closer’s role, opting to give Rafael Soriano a couple days off to work on his mechanics.
Sep 6, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
Another blown save — this with the help of a homer from Ben Revere of all people — could cost the Nats’ closer his job.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Ben Revere had himself a ballgame. He hit his second career home run with two outs in the ninth to tie the ballgame, and maintained his batting average lead in the National League.
Aug 21, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The events taking place each evening on South Capitol Street are beginning to defy explanation.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
The Nationals have won seven straight, including three in a row in walk-off fashion.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)