Dec 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Nov 11, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
He’s the fourth rookie manager to win the award.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Both players are now free agents.
Oct 17, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Soriano was fantastic in the first half with 22 saves and a 0.97 ERA, but then he posted a 6.48 ERA in the second half while being stripped of closing duties.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:28 AM EST
Few changes are needed for the club with the NL’s best record in 2014.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:06 AM EST
Yeah, but it’ll be all hands on deck for Game Never on Thursday.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
Matt Williams says he kicked himself “all night” for taking out Jordan Zimmermann with two outs in the ninth inning in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Giants on Saturday night. But was his decision really wrong?
Oct 4, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
We’re in the 18th in Washington, D.C.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:42 PM EST
Yet more drama in the 2014 post-season: the Giants seemed destined to be victims of a Jordan Zimmermann shutout, but rallied with two outs in the ninth to send Game 2 of the NLDS into extra innings.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
It’s rather surprising to see Soriano there.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 14, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Rafael Soriano has made some mechanical adjustments but the Nationals aren’t ready to hand him back the closer’s role yet.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 6, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
The Nationals aren’t making any rash decisions with the closer’s role, opting to give Rafael Soriano a couple days off to work on his mechanics.
Sep 6, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
Another blown save — this with the help of a homer from Ben Revere of all people — could cost the Nats’ closer his job.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Ben Revere had himself a ballgame. He hit his second career home run with two outs in the ninth to tie the ballgame, and maintained his batting average lead in the National League.
Aug 21, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The events taking place each evening on South Capitol Street are beginning to defy explanation.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
The Nationals have won seven straight, including three in a row in walk-off fashion.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EST
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 8, 2014, 7:44 PM EST
It’s been a trying year for Bryce Harper, but the Washington Nationals are in first place despite the struggling star.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 12, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
This is the first All-Star selection for Henderson Alvarez.
Jul 8, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Rafael Soriano is among the various players “snubbed” from the All-Star game, which apparently upset the Nationals closer and quite a few of his teammates, but if MLB decides to select him as a last-minute injury replacement Soriano plans to turn them down.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 10
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 55
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)