Apr 17, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes is in the DH spot today, with Rajai Davis and Anthony Gose both in the lineup.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 12, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
Indians catcher Yan Gomes was placed on the disabled list Sunday morning with what was labeled a right knee sprain. Now the exact diagnosis is in, via MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian …
Apr 12, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Gomes, 27, had 21 home runs and 74 RBI in 135 games last season for the Tribe. This is a big loss for a team that has championship aspirations.
Apr 11, 2015, 8:53 PM EDT
Gomes was injured after Tigers outfielder Rajai Davis slid into his leg.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Baseball technically has a rule against “fraternization.” It’s a dumb rule.
Mar 29, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Ben Revere broke a promise to Rajai Davis when the Phillies’ left fielder robbed a home run.
Mar 16, 2015, 1:14 PM EDT
Can the Tigers win a fifth straight AL Central title?
Mar 6, 2015, 1:19 PM EDT
He faced six batters and retired them all. And he cranked it up to 99 m.p.h.
Feb 16, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
It’s been over two years since Hanrahan was healthy and effective.
Nov 12, 2014, 11:43 PM EDT
Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet reports that the Blue Jays have traded outfielder Anthony Gose to the Tigers for second base prospect Devon Travis.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Orioles-Tigers series in Detroit …
Oct 3, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Detroit’s manager has looked like a rookie these last two days.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Manager Brad Ausmus pulled Davis from the game, replacing him in center field with Ezequiel Carrera.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
In addition to taking over for Austin Jackson in center field Davis has also hit .282 with a .721 OPS and 36 steals in 134 games.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Davis isn’t a big name, but he stepped in as the primary center fielder when the Tigers traded Austin Jackson to the Mariners in the three-team swap that netted them David Price from the Rays.
Sep 28, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
As reported by Lynn G. Henning of the Detroit News, outfielder Rajai Davis suffered a Grade 1 strain of his pubic symphysis Saturday night while sprinting down the first base line on a second-inning groundout. It’s essentially a minor groin strain …
Sep 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
This was a day of missed opportunities for the Royals.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
The Tigers pulled off a rare feat, scoring once in each offensive inning of their win at home against the Rockies.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
A handful of injuries went down last night, but so too did strict adherence to the Restoring Pitching Act of 2013.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (253)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)