Nov 21, 2014, 5:21 PM EST
Wakamatsu, Cash and Ibanez are the finalists.
Nov 15, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
The Rays interviewed Barry Larkin, wrapping up their first round of interviews in their quest to find a successor to Joe Maddon.
Nov 8, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Martinez worked alongside Maddon for seven seasons, so he would appear to be a natural fit.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Craig Counsell, Raul Ibanez, and Don Wakamatsu had phone interviews with the Rays for the team’s open managerial position.
Nov 6, 2014, 3:38 PM EST
A surprise name appears on the Rays list of candidates
Oct 30, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
New York has not hired a replacement for fired hitting coach Kevin Long yet and they also have an opening at first base coach after letting Mick Kelleher go.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:53 AM EST
Not living up to a nickname: forgivable. Not giving your team a chance to win in the World Series: a way bigger problem.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:51 AM EST
Some thoughts on the Royals’ plans as they get ready to battle the Orioles.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
Oct 2, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Raul Ibanez won’t get to face his former team.
Sep 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
This was a day of missed opportunities for the Royals.
Aug 2, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
Good news for the Royals: Eric Hosmer isn’t expected to need surgery to repair the stress fracture in his right hand.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:24 PM EST
Royals robbed of their hottest hitter after quiet deadline day Thursday.
Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EST
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Jun 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
You’d think that hitting .157 in 57 games as a 42-year-old and getting released by the Angels would signal the end of the line for Raul Ibanez, but instead he’s quickly found a new home and a major-league contact with the Royals.
Jun 21, 2014, 5:06 PM EST
It’s been a tough year for Raul Ibanez, and he’s now a free agent after being released by the Angels.
Jun 20, 2014, 5:50 PM EST
Two weeks ago the Angels demoted Grant Green to Triple-A despite his .359 batting average in 22 games, but now he’s back in the majors.
Jun 19, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Angels manager Mike Scioscia is taking a lot of heat locally for continuing to play struggling 42-year-old Raul Ibanez, especially after the team called up first base prospect C.J. Cron to provide an alternative at designated hitter.
May 14, 2014, 9:25 AM EST
The hero/role model factory continues to crank ‘em out. Here’s hoping he doesn’t show himself to be human in the next 20 years.
May 7, 2014, 8:21 PM EST
Pedro Moura of the Orange County Register reports that Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton took one-handed swings Wednesday in Anaheim for the first time since undergoing surgery April 11 to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb. Hamilton is aiming to return the weekend of May 23-25.
Apr 29, 2014, 6:36 AM EST
Sonny Gray, sweeping the clouds away.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 14, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The other owners will have to ratify the move at their next meeting, but as of yesterday it’s all but official: the Braves now own the Nationals.
Apr 13, 2014, 12:10 AM EST
Raul Ibanez joined the 2,000-hit club and also brought the Angels back into the game against the Mets.
Apr 8, 2014, 6:13 AM EST
The A’s remind me of someone. And a couple of rainouts remind me of my favorite movie ever.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)