Dec 5, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
Cash beat out Don Wakamatsu for the job.
Dec 4, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
That leaves Kevin Cash and Don Wakamatsu as the two remaining finalists.
Dec 2, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
The game show enters the lightning round.
Nov 21, 2014, 5:21 PM EST
Wakamatsu, Cash and Ibanez are the finalists.
Nov 15, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
The Rays interviewed Barry Larkin, wrapping up their first round of interviews in their quest to find a successor to Joe Maddon.
Nov 8, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Martinez worked alongside Maddon for seven seasons, so he would appear to be a natural fit.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Craig Counsell, Raul Ibanez, and Don Wakamatsu had phone interviews with the Rays for the team’s open managerial position.
Nov 6, 2014, 3:38 PM EST
A surprise name appears on the Rays list of candidates
Oct 30, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
New York has not hired a replacement for fired hitting coach Kevin Long yet and they also have an opening at first base coach after letting Mick Kelleher go.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:53 AM EST
Not living up to a nickname: forgivable. Not giving your team a chance to win in the World Series: a way bigger problem.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:51 AM EST
Some thoughts on the Royals’ plans as they get ready to battle the Orioles.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
Oct 2, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Raul Ibanez won’t get to face his former team.
Sep 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
This was a day of missed opportunities for the Royals.
Aug 2, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
Good news for the Royals: Eric Hosmer isn’t expected to need surgery to repair the stress fracture in his right hand.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:24 PM EST
Royals robbed of their hottest hitter after quiet deadline day Thursday.
Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EST
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Jun 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
You’d think that hitting .157 in 57 games as a 42-year-old and getting released by the Angels would signal the end of the line for Raul Ibanez, but instead he’s quickly found a new home and a major-league contact with the Royals.
Jun 21, 2014, 5:06 PM EST
It’s been a tough year for Raul Ibanez, and he’s now a free agent after being released by the Angels.
Jun 20, 2014, 5:50 PM EST
Two weeks ago the Angels demoted Grant Green to Triple-A despite his .359 batting average in 22 games, but now he’s back in the majors.
Jun 19, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Angels manager Mike Scioscia is taking a lot of heat locally for continuing to play struggling 42-year-old Raul Ibanez, especially after the team called up first base prospect C.J. Cron to provide an alternative at designated hitter.
May 14, 2014, 9:25 AM EST
The hero/role model factory continues to crank ‘em out. Here’s hoping he doesn’t show himself to be human in the next 20 years.
May 7, 2014, 8:21 PM EST
Pedro Moura of the Orange County Register reports that Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton took one-handed swings Wednesday in Anaheim for the first time since undergoing surgery April 11 to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb. Hamilton is aiming to return the weekend of May 23-25.
Apr 29, 2014, 6:36 AM EST
Sonny Gray, sweeping the clouds away.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (135)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)