Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Jul 2, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
And they might still be playing otherwise.
Apr 29, 2014, 6:36 AM EDT
Sonny Gray, sweeping the clouds away.
Mar 30, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for MLB’s “Opening Night” game Sunday between the Dodgers and Padres at San Diego’s Petco Park. First pitch is scheduled for just after 8:05 p.m. ET on ESPN. Los Angeles Dodgers LF Carl Crawford RF Yasiel Puig SS Hanley Ramirez 1B Adrian Gonzalez CF Andre Ethier 3B Juan Uribe C…
Dec 22, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal suffered a torn ACL on July 6 when Nationals second baseman Anthony Rendon slid into him on a play at home plate. The initial timetable for his return was set between 9-12 months and that appears to still be the case, according to Bill Center of the Union-Times. Grandal underwent surgery…
Sep 1, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
Padres pitcher Andrew Cashner slapped a one-hopper into deep right field on Saturday night at Dodger Stadium and it looked like Rene Rivera — who was moving on contact with two outs — would score easily from second base. But rocket-armed Cuban phenom Yasiel Puig was having none of it. Watch the gifted 22-year-old right…
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)