Apr 6, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
The baserunner was out by 20 feet. And then he wasn’t.
Mar 31, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
Why is this man smiling when his team appears to be destined for last place?
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EDT
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Dec 17, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
A three-team, 11-player trade has been agreed upon between the Rays, Padres, and Nationals. It centers around outfielder Wil Myers.
Dec 1, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Grandal returned from a major knee injury to play well in 2014, hitting 15 homers and posting a .728 OPS in 128 games despite calling pitcher-friendly Petco Park home.
Nov 27, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
The Padres have three worthy catchers and all of them are drawing trade interest.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Jul 2, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
And they might still be playing otherwise.
Apr 29, 2014, 6:36 AM EDT
Sonny Gray, sweeping the clouds away.
Mar 30, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for MLB’s “Opening Night” game Sunday between the Dodgers and Padres at San Diego’s Petco Park. First pitch is scheduled for just after 8:05 p.m. ET on ESPN. Los Angeles Dodgers LF Carl Crawford RF Yasiel Puig SS Hanley Ramirez 1B Adrian Gonzalez CF Andre Ethier 3B Juan Uribe C…
Dec 22, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal suffered a torn ACL on July 6 when Nationals second baseman Anthony Rendon slid into him on a play at home plate. The initial timetable for his return was set between 9-12 months and that appears to still be the case, according to Bill Center of the Union-Times. Grandal underwent surgery…
Sep 1, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
Padres pitcher Andrew Cashner slapped a one-hopper into deep right field on Saturday night at Dodger Stadium and it looked like Rene Rivera — who was moving on contact with two outs — would score easily from second base. But rocket-armed Cuban phenom Yasiel Puig was having none of it. Watch the gifted 22-year-old right…
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)