Jul 12, 2015, 12:37 PM EDT
Cabrera suffered the injury Saturday while scoring on a Rene Rivera RBI single. It looked like a bad strain, but he should be able to return before the end of the month.
Jul 11, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Asdrubal Cabrera suffered a hamstring injury early in Saturday’s game against the Astros.
Jul 10, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Lorenzo Cain let the facts do the talking in a dispute with home plate umpire Chris Segal, but it didn’t matter.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday, including a walk-off win for the Yankees.
May 27, 2015, 8:42 AM EDT
Major League Baseball will likely fine Cash for his postgame comments. Because, while umpires don’t have much apparent accountability for their actions, managers do.
May 15, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
The Rockies snapped their losing streak thanks to a late Carlos Gonzalez blast.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
Yordano Ventura and the Royals find themselves in yet another fracas.
Apr 6, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
The baserunner was out by 20 feet. And then he wasn’t.
Mar 31, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
Why is this man smiling when his team appears to be destined for last place?
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EDT
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Dec 17, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
A three-team, 11-player trade has been agreed upon between the Rays, Padres, and Nationals. It centers around outfielder Wil Myers.
Dec 1, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Grandal returned from a major knee injury to play well in 2014, hitting 15 homers and posting a .728 OPS in 128 games despite calling pitcher-friendly Petco Park home.
Nov 27, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
The Padres have three worthy catchers and all of them are drawing trade interest.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Jul 2, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
And they might still be playing otherwise.
Apr 29, 2014, 6:36 AM EDT
Sonny Gray, sweeping the clouds away.
Mar 30, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for MLB’s “Opening Night” game Sunday between the Dodgers and Padres at San Diego’s Petco Park. First pitch is scheduled for just after 8:05 p.m. ET on ESPN. Los Angeles Dodgers LF Carl Crawford RF Yasiel Puig SS Hanley Ramirez 1B Adrian Gonzalez CF Andre Ethier 3B Juan Uribe C…
Dec 22, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal suffered a torn ACL on July 6 when Nationals second baseman Anthony Rendon slid into him on a play at home plate. The initial timetable for his return was set between 9-12 months and that appears to still be the case, according to Bill Center of the Union-Times. Grandal underwent surgery…
Sep 1, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
Padres pitcher Andrew Cashner slapped a one-hopper into deep right field on Saturday night at Dodger Stadium and it looked like Rene Rivera — who was moving on contact with two outs — would score easily from second base. But rocket-armed Cuban phenom Yasiel Puig was having none of it. Watch the gifted 22-year-old right…
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 1
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 25
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 49
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)