Dec 21, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
The field for James Shields has been winnowed down to a few, namely the Giants and Red Sox.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Red Sox starting rotation is set, but president Larry Lucchino is still disappointed in his team’s failure to bring back Jon Lester.
Dec 12, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
The deal was reported earlier this week and it’s now official.
Dec 11, 2014, 1:07 PM EST
Is anyone chasing Max Scherzer right now?
Dec 11, 2014, 12:26 PM EST
The Red Sox add their third starting pitcher in 24 hours.
Dec 11, 2014, 11:49 AM EST
Cincinnati is open for business.
Dec 11, 2014, 10:18 AM EST
The Sox get a pitcher, the Tigers get a slugger.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 9, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
Good news for Scherzer’s agent.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Nov 5, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Led by Justin Verlander at $28 million.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:51 PM EST
The Tigers are facing elimination Sunday in Game 3 of their ALDS matchup with the Orioles and they’ll be facing elimination again on Monday if they force a Game 4. But that won’t alter the four-man rotation that Detroit manager Brad Ausmus announced before the best-of-five Division Series began.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Rick Porcello is in line to start Game 4, with Anibal Sanchez in the bullpen.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 23, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
“I wouldn’t be afraid to use him at any point in the game, really.”
Sep 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
This was a day of missed opportunities for the Royals.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Aug 30, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an AL West showdown.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 16, 2014, 1:08 PM EST
The Mariners have won five straight games while the Tigers have dropped seven out of their last 10.
Aug 13, 2014, 9:17 AM EST
Twelve days ago the Tigers had the best rotation in baseball. Today they’re starting a dude named “Buck Farmer.”
Aug 7, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
That’s right, Wily Peralta.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 1
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 20
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)