Jan 10, 2015, 10:21 AM EST
Cano suffered a broken toe during the Japan Series in November and wants to test it out before spring training.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 5, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera is now on the Mariners’ radar and seems to be a good fit for the club.
Nov 18, 2014, 9:18 AM EST
Matt Kemp? Nelson Cruz? Hanley Ramirez? Justin Upton? Can someone help me create a Boolean Expression here?
Nov 15, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
He’ll be sidelined for 3-4 weeks
Nov 15, 2014, 7:38 AM EST
One of them was this fellow, Kazuhisa Makita. Who I suspect may be a bit of a submarine pitcher.
Nov 11, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Seems like nothing would happen here, but I guess weirder things have happened.
Nov 10, 2014, 9:15 AM EST
Two of the top free agents on the market are in Seattle’s sights.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 20, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Following in the footsteps of fellow MLB players Robinson Cano, CC Sabathia, and his teammate and countryman Rusney Castillo, Red Sox outfielder Yoenis Cespedes will now be represented by Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
You cool with this, Yankees fans? Not sure I’d be cool with this.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 15, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Tampa Bay has called up switch-hitting infielder Nick Franklin, whom the Rays acquired from the Mariners on July 31 in the three-team trade revolving around David Price.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a crucial series in the AL Wild Card race.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
James Wagner of the Washington Post reports on a cool tradition that has taken hold in the majors
Aug 28, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“Jay Z welcomed him to the States.”
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 26, 2014, 5:50 PM EST
Not so long ago Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik was on the hot seat–and rightfully so, after four consecutive losing seasons–but then he broke the bank for Robinson Cano this offseason and now the Mariners are 71-59.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 25, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
After leaving yesterday’s game early with a bout of the flu, the M’s second baseman will likely be in action this evening.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 24, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Robinson Cano took himself out of Sunday afternoon’s game against the Red Sox due to dizziness, which he says is because he has been dealing with the flu.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 0
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 41
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 30
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 95
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (95)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)