Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 1, 2014, 6:34 AM EDT
Every ten years or so, the Tigers get a walkoff grand slam. Like, every ten years or so, basically to the week.
Jun 30, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
No Altuve, no justice.
Jun 28, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Jose Altuve is one reason why you should start paying attention to the Astros.
Jun 26, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
I have no idea what it is with former New York catchers that make them so certain that everyone else on the planet is dumb, but between him and Paul Lo Duca, they have that market cornered.
Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 AM EDT
Nine wins in a row and the shelling of a Tigers ace for the second straight night. And with that, the Royals are in first place.
Jun 9, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
That’s 13 losses in 14 games for Tampa Bay.
Jun 8, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista has passed Mike Trout in the AL All-Star balloting.
Jun 3, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
So much for that.
Jun 2, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Robinson Cano is back in the Mariners’ starting lineup tonight after missing the past four games with a stomach virus followed by a bruised hand.
Jun 2, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Gentlemen: clutch your pearls.
May 30, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Robinson Cano is out of the Mariners’ lineup tonight for the second straight game with an illness.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 20, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Corey Hart is headed to the disabled list with a strained left hamstring and the Mariners have replaced him on the roster by recalling Nick Franklin from Triple-A.
May 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Nick Franklin’s last call-up to the Mariners was very brief, but he’s been crushing Triple-A pitching all season after losing his starting second base job to Robinson Cano and now he’s headed back to Seattle again.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EDT
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
We now have a scale to measure this — The Intentional Walk Rage System — and Ron Washington darn near broke it yesterday
May 9, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
All intentional walks stink. Some, however, stink worse than others. As a service, Joe Posnanski has created the Intentional Walk Rage System to gauge these things. Ned Yost darn near broke the thing last night.
May 7, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
As part of the promotion for his upcoming auto-biography former Yankees closer Mariano Rivera posted an excerpt in the New York Daily News saying that he’d rather have Dustin Pedroia than longtime teammate Robinson Cano as his second baseman.
May 6, 2014, 8:38 AM EDT
This will go unnoticed in Boston and New York and the matter will be forgotten by lunch. Right?
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
May 2, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Let’s play two! Three times! And let’s have a sweep in all three of them!
Apr 30, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
How dare the fans “out in the hinterlands” mock Cano for being greedy? I mean, they’re not columnists!
Apr 30, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
The Yankees Bleacher Creatures chanted “You sold out!” at Robinson Cano. The world is made for people who aren’t cursed with self-awareness.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)