Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
Jul 22, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
At this point the Rangers’ injury situation is absurd.
Jul 17, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
Texas’ never-ending roster shuffling continues.
Jun 30, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Geovany Soto has been sidelined all season following surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee in March, but he’s finally getting closer to joining the Rangers.
Mar 24, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
The bad news keeps coming for the Rangers, who announced yesterday that infielder Jurickson Profar will be out for 10-12 weeks with a torn shoulder muscle and have now lost catcher Geovany Soto for 10-12 weeks with a torn lateral meniscus in his knee. Soto will undergo surgery, likely leaving J.P. Arencibia as the starting…
Jun 19, 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
The Rays just announced that Jeremy Hellickson was placed on the disabled list with right shoulder fatigue. Chris Archer will be called up from Triple-A Durham to make his major league debut tomorrow night against the Nationals. Hellickson was knocked around for a career-high eight runs on nine hits (including three home runs) last Thursday…
Mar 14, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Things have been rough for Robinson Chirinos since the season ended. First the 27-year-old Rays catcher broke his hand playing winter ball and now he’s sidelined for at least the next few days after suffering a concussion from a foul tip to the mask on Monday. Chirinos was acquired from the Cubs last winter in…
Jan 27, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Counting on Carlos Pena, Matt Joyce and Luke Scott to fill key roles this year, the Rays had set themselves up to have huge problems against lefties in the bottom half of the order. That was alleviated somewhat today with the signing of Jeff Keppinger. Of course, Keppinger doesn’t play the same position as any…
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 42
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 29
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)