Feb 21, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Ben Cherington will serve as the GM of the Red Sox beyond the 2015 season, according to a report.
Feb 20, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
Shane Victorino has the inside track on the right field job for the Red Sox, according to manager John Farrell.
Jan 22, 2015, 11:31 PM EST
Victorino was limited to just 30 games last season, so he’s trying to make sure that he’s not a forgotten man going into 2015. Like, really trying…
Jan 11, 2015, 9:10 PM EST
Red Sox fans are likely to see Hanley Ramirez cleaning up in the batting order in 2015.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
And he’d like you to tell him who’s a better option.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
The Dbacks were not in the picture until very recently. But better late than never.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
It’s easy to say “it didn’t work before, so it won’t work this time,” but doing so is to misread the current situation with the Boston Red Sox.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
Nov 10, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
No pressure, Yasmany…
Nov 8, 2014, 12:57 PM EST
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu is the heavy favorite to win the American League Rookie of the Year Award on Monday, marking the culmination of a mysterious journey out of Cuba last year.
Nov 3, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
But the Sox are still probably not too interested
Nov 2, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada will hold a showcase for representatives from all 30 MLB teams on November 12.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Following in the footsteps of fellow MLB players Robinson Cano, CC Sabathia, and his teammate and countryman Rusney Castillo, Red Sox outfielder Yoenis Cespedes will now be represented by Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports.
Oct 19, 2014, 1:24 PM EST
Boston has an outfield logjam that needs to be addressed this winter.
Sep 3, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Rusney Castillo is expected to make his major league debut for the Red Sox later this month, according to GM Ben Cherington.
Sep 3, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
It’s possible frustration at a bad season got into Bradley’s head.
Aug 31, 2014, 5:11 PM EST
Rusney Castillo made his debut in MLB-affiliated ball on Sunday afternoon with the Gulf Coast League Red Sox, singling through the left side of the infield in his first of two plate appearances and striking out looking in his second.
Aug 30, 2014, 1:02 PM EST
It will be his first game action since 2012.
Aug 28, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
The expectation is that Castillo will get some major league experience in September.
Aug 28, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“Jay Z welcomed him to the States.”
Aug 22, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
The Red Sox paid a lot of money to get this guy. Expect him in the Sox’ outfield early next season.
Aug 21, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Castillo could reportedly make his decision this weekend.
Aug 18, 2014, 7:16 PM EST
28 teams reportedly attended a showcase for Cuban free agent Rusney Castillo late last month.
Jul 26, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
Nearly 100 baseball officials were reportedly on hand for the showcase.
Jul 19, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
Executives from every MLB team are expected to be in attendance at Rusney Castillo’s workout next weekend.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 255
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (255)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)