Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 26, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Only Rudy York (1937) and Mark McGwire (1987) got there faster.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 24, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Everyone has a gift. This is my gift. I shall now share it with you.
Jul 17, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Kemp is making $21 million this season and is owned another $21 million in 2015 followed by $21.5 million per season from 2016-2019.
Jul 10, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Braun has hit exclusively second (37 times) or third (32 times) in the lineup this season and has a grand total of just three career starts in the fifth spot, all of them coming 2008.
Jul 5, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Ryan Braun suffered from back spasms in Saturday’s game against the Reds and left before taking the field in the bottom of the second inning.
Jul 5, 2014, 12:10 AM EDT
Carlos Gomez wants to participate in the Home Run Derby, so he had Ryan Braun talk to Troy Tulowitzki on his behalf.
Jul 3, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
The MLBPA is currently conducting an investigation into the role some agents might have played in Biogenesis.
Jun 27, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz could be elected to the All-Star Game. Melky Cabrera and Ryan Braun, too. Shouldn’t the public be more upset about this?
Jun 18, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Instant Karma’s gonna get you.
Jun 18, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Mission accomplished… Ryan Braun will definitely have a bruise on his butt tomorrow.
Jun 13, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client. Example #1,342,592
Jun 3, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
And Andrew McCutchen takes a tumble. But don’t worry: Ryan Braun took a bigger one.
May 29, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Apparently baseball doesn’t realize how scandalous it is to let this grizzled old man coach some hitters.
May 29, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
Ryan Howard walked the Phillies off with a three-run homer. Josh Donaldson did the same thing for the Athletics. Really, if you weren’t hitting walkoff three-run homers last night, we don’t want to know you.
May 28, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Tulo is having a fantastic season, so this is no surprise. But a lot of other Rockies are making surprisingly good showings as well. What are they smokin’ in Colorado?
May 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
It’s possible guys like Nelson Cruz and Melky Cabrera won’t get a lot of All-Star support because of Biogenesis. It’s also possible they won’t get support because fans didn’t really care about them much to begin with.
May 24, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
Ryan Braun left Thursday’s game with tightness in his right side, but he’s ready to play Saturday.
May 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Ryan Braun, dealing with an oblique injury, could return to the Brewers’ lineup on Saturday.
May 22, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
Uh oh. It looks like Ryan Braun aggravated his recent oblique injury.
May 14, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Jason Grilli threw 24 pitches in a simulated game Wednesday afternoon, but thinks he’s ready to make a return to the Pirates.
May 14, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Jose Abreu’s great start has put him in some very interesting historical company.
May 13, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
As expected Ryan Braun is off the disabled list and back on Milwaukee’s active roster after missing the past two weeks with an oblique injury.
May 13, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
The Biogenesis nightmare is a magnificent thought puzzle featuring slimy people from all walks of life. If you have a notebook handy, I’ll get you started and you can play along.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (353)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (194)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)