Sep 28, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Ryan Braun is in the Brewers’ starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s season finale against the Cubs, but as soon as that game ends he will begin prepping for surgery that will hopefully correct a nerve issue in his right thumb that has been a source of discomfort since the early part of the 2013 campaign.
Sep 26, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Yet another reason to stop referring to concussions as “mild.”
Sep 26, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
It makes sense given their roster. But can Braun’s bat rebound enough to justify him playing first base?
Sep 24, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
It would have been Braun’s 20th homer of the season.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 11, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
Braun has missed two straight starts with a lingering thumb injury.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
As if the free-falling Brewers needed any more bad news …
Sep 4, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Braun will miss his second straight game tonight.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 14, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
“It’s not like I can’t play. I obviously can play.”
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 26, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Only Rudy York (1937) and Mark McGwire (1987) got there faster.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 24, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Everyone has a gift. This is my gift. I shall now share it with you.
Jul 17, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Kemp is making $21 million this season and is owned another $21 million in 2015 followed by $21.5 million per season from 2016-2019.
Jul 10, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Braun has hit exclusively second (37 times) or third (32 times) in the lineup this season and has a grand total of just three career starts in the fifth spot, all of them coming 2008.
Jul 5, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Ryan Braun suffered from back spasms in Saturday’s game against the Reds and left before taking the field in the bottom of the second inning.
Jul 5, 2014, 12:10 AM EDT
Carlos Gomez wants to participate in the Home Run Derby, so he had Ryan Braun talk to Troy Tulowitzki on his behalf.
Jul 3, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
The MLBPA is currently conducting an investigation into the role some agents might have played in Biogenesis.
Jun 27, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz could be elected to the All-Star Game. Melky Cabrera and Ryan Braun, too. Shouldn’t the public be more upset about this?
Jun 18, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Instant Karma’s gonna get you.
Jun 18, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Mission accomplished… Ryan Braun will definitely have a bruise on his butt tomorrow.
Jun 13, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client. Example #1,342,592
Jun 3, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
And Andrew McCutchen takes a tumble. But don’t worry: Ryan Braun took a bigger one.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)