Apr 28, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
Ryan Braun is out of the lineup for the second straight day Monday and will likely miss a few more games at the very least.
Apr 27, 2014, 8:49 AM EST
It’s all still clicking for the Milwaukee Brewers. Marco Estrada pitched into the eighth inning, striking out a season-high nine batters, and Khris Davis went yard in the sixth inning for his third home run of the year as the Brew Crew rolled to a 5-3 victory over the Cubs on Saturday night at Miller Park.
Apr 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Ryan Braun is really embracing his role as villain.
Apr 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Pirates will be without their closer for at least two weeks. Mark Melancon will get the save opportunities in his stead.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 20, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Ryan Braun likes hitting in the state of Pennsylvania.
Apr 20, 2014, 3:07 PM EST
A pretty vicious brawl just went down at PNC Park after Carlos Gomez of the Brewers went into home run celebration mode after slugging a Gerrit Cole pitch to the top of the center field wall …
Apr 12, 2014, 11:48 AM EST
The Brewers are a major-league best 8-2 to begin the young season.
Apr 11, 2014, 6:15 AM EST
If a pitcher has a foreign substance on his hand and no one is there to complain about it, does it still raise a stink?
Apr 10, 2014, 10:35 AM EST
Mostly I’m just hoping that he’s going for the full heel-turn
Apr 10, 2014, 7:06 AM EST
I saw Captain America last night. It was way better than the first few innings of the Tigers-Dodgers game.
Apr 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
A ton of guys had multi-homer games yesterday. Ryan Braun led the pack with his three. I’m sure that won’t bother anyone.
Apr 8, 2014, 8:21 PM EST
Ryan Braun drew heavy boos from the Citizens Bank Park crowd as the lineups were introduced before the Phillies’ home opener on Tuesday. He then quieted those folks again, again, and again …
Apr 6, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Reports of Matt Kemp’s demise may have been greatly exaggerated.
Apr 6, 2014, 11:34 AM EST
Ryan Braun is batting third and playing right field on Sunday against the Red Sox as he attempt to play through lingering numbness in his right thumb.
Apr 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
This is exactly what Ryan Braun didn’t need. For more reasons than just the obvious.
Apr 4, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
And what Ryan Braun might expect from opposing players as he makes his way through the season.
Apr 2, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Joe Posnanski picks the Royals to win the division for the 17th consecutive season.
Apr 1, 2014, 9:52 AM EST
If you think booing Santa was bad …
Apr 1, 2014, 5:50 AM EST
Does winning on Opening Day mean anything? I dunno, ask Oakland and Seattle.
Mar 31, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Actually, it’s been used two times this afternoon, with one call upheld, one call overturned.
Mar 31, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
And, as you may imagine, some reporters take issue with that.
Mar 31, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
For the past few weeks we’ve been previewing the 2014 season. Here, in handy one-stop-shopping form, is our package of previews from the National League Central. The Cardinals won the pennant, but they got even better. The Reds and Pirates stood mostly pat. The Brewers have Ryan Braun back, but will that get them anything more than…
Mar 21, 2014, 5:52 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Milwaukee Brewers. The Big Question: Can they bounce back? The Brewers won only 74 games in 2013 after averaging…
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 19
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 29
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 92
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)