May 2, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
The Brewers may have to put their slugging outfielder on the disabled list with an oblique injury, but he may not be gone for all that long.
May 1, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Ryan Braun has avoided the disabled list so far, but tonight the Brewers right fielder is sitting out his fifth consecutive game with a strained oblique muscle.
Apr 30, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Brewers shortstop Jean Segura needed plastic surgery for a deep gash near his right eye after teammate Ryan Braun accidentally struck him in the face with a bat Saturday while taking warmup swings on the top step of the home dugout at Miller Park. But he has made a full recovery.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
Ryan Braun is out of the lineup for the second straight day Monday and will likely miss a few more games at the very least.
Apr 27, 2014, 8:49 AM EDT
It’s all still clicking for the Milwaukee Brewers. Marco Estrada pitched into the eighth inning, striking out a season-high nine batters, and Khris Davis went yard in the sixth inning for his third home run of the year as the Brew Crew rolled to a 5-3 victory over the Cubs on Saturday night at Miller Park.
Apr 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Ryan Braun is really embracing his role as villain.
Apr 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Pirates will be without their closer for at least two weeks. Mark Melancon will get the save opportunities in his stead.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 20, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Ryan Braun likes hitting in the state of Pennsylvania.
Apr 20, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
A pretty vicious brawl just went down at PNC Park after Carlos Gomez of the Brewers went into home run celebration mode after slugging a Gerrit Cole pitch to the top of the center field wall …
Apr 12, 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
The Brewers are a major-league best 8-2 to begin the young season.
Apr 11, 2014, 6:15 AM EDT
If a pitcher has a foreign substance on his hand and no one is there to complain about it, does it still raise a stink?
Apr 10, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
Mostly I’m just hoping that he’s going for the full heel-turn
Apr 10, 2014, 7:06 AM EDT
I saw Captain America last night. It was way better than the first few innings of the Tigers-Dodgers game.
Apr 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
A ton of guys had multi-homer games yesterday. Ryan Braun led the pack with his three. I’m sure that won’t bother anyone.
Apr 8, 2014, 8:21 PM EDT
Ryan Braun drew heavy boos from the Citizens Bank Park crowd as the lineups were introduced before the Phillies’ home opener on Tuesday. He then quieted those folks again, again, and again …
Apr 6, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
Reports of Matt Kemp’s demise may have been greatly exaggerated.
Apr 6, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Ryan Braun is batting third and playing right field on Sunday against the Red Sox as he attempt to play through lingering numbness in his right thumb.
Apr 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
This is exactly what Ryan Braun didn’t need. For more reasons than just the obvious.
Apr 4, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
And what Ryan Braun might expect from opposing players as he makes his way through the season.
Apr 2, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Joe Posnanski picks the Royals to win the division for the 17th consecutive season.
Apr 1, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
If you think booing Santa was bad …
Apr 1, 2014, 5:50 AM EDT
Does winning on Opening Day mean anything? I dunno, ask Oakland and Seattle.
Mar 31, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Actually, it’s been used two times this afternoon, with one call upheld, one call overturned.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)