Mar 18, 2015, 10:17 AM EDT
And it’s still probably not enough.
Mar 13, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Fresh off of his Ryan Howard apology tour, Phillies GM Ruben Amaro downplayed prospect Jesse Biddle’s concussion suffered last season.
Mar 10, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Even the greatest differences between people can be overlooked if you have a common passion.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Ryan Howard had his first full healthy season since 2011 and both GM Ruben Amaro, Jr. and guest instructor Dan Plesac thought he looked like he was in very good shape.
Feb 23, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Times are changing in Philadelphia. The Phillies traded longtime shortstop Jimmy Rollins during the offseason and it’s likely just a matter of time before they cut ties with Ryan Howard and deal Cole Hamels elsewhere. But what about Chase Utley’s future with the rebuilding club?
Feb 22, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Ruben Amaro made some negative comments about Ryan Howard in a radio appearance back in December. The Phillies’ GM has apologized to Howard for those comments.
Feb 18, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
“Right now, unless he gets unseated, he’s the first baseman.”
Feb 2, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
The Phillies are trying to keep their options open with top prospect Maikel Franco in-house.
Jan 17, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. said in a radio interview back in December that they’d be better off without Ryan Howard. One month later, they still haven’t found any takers on the trade front.
Jan 6, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
Emphasis on the “can.” Because a team actually wanting Howard is largely theoretical.
In which someone describes A-Rod, B.J. Upton and Ryan Howard as potential offensive options for a team
Dec 21, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
This needs to happen, people.
Dec 20, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
With the Phillies in the middle of a rebuilding effort, they are facing some tough (and long overdue) truths with their veteran players.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Chase Utley plans to wear Phillies red until his contract runs out.
Dec 13, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Nice try, Phillies, but you can’t just dump Ryan Howard off on an unsuspecting team like that.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Well ain’t that interesting?
Dec 8, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Pat Gillick says he has Ruben Amaro’s back. Is it a vote of confidence or the dreaded vote of confidence?
Nov 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Kansas City has already reached out to multiple replacement options.
Nov 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
If you think Howard’s on-the-field struggles have been hard, imagine what it has been like off-the-field.
Nov 19, 2014, 6:36 AM EDT
Shocker: the guy who was unable to determine the proper time to commence a tear-down and rebuild is not efficiently managing said tear-down and rebuild.
Nov 11, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
So much for that.
Nov 10, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
The Royals have reportedly discussed Ryan Howard as a possibility to replace Billy Butler at DH.
Nov 6, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
He’s hit .247 with 15 homers and a .697 OPS through 171 career games.
Nov 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Winters in which the Phillies try to convince people that the old band has one more hit song left in them seem to be a thing of the past.
Oct 23, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Great Moments in Expectations-Setting
Oct 3, 2014, 6:12 PM EDT
A recent report indicated that Phillies president David Montgomery was being forced out. The Phillies refuted the report on Friday.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)