Jan 17, 2015, 11:45 AM EST
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. said in a radio interview back in December that they’d be better off without Ryan Howard. One month later, they still haven’t found any takers on the trade front.
Jan 6, 2015, 9:44 AM EST
Emphasis on the “can.” Because a team actually wanting Howard is largely theoretical.
In which someone describes A-Rod, B.J. Upton and Ryan Howard as potential offensive options for a team
Dec 21, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
This needs to happen, people.
Dec 20, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
With the Phillies in the middle of a rebuilding effort, they are facing some tough (and long overdue) truths with their veteran players.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Chase Utley plans to wear Phillies red until his contract runs out.
Dec 13, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Nice try, Phillies, but you can’t just dump Ryan Howard off on an unsuspecting team like that.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Well ain’t that interesting?
Dec 8, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Pat Gillick says he has Ruben Amaro’s back. Is it a vote of confidence or the dreaded vote of confidence?
Nov 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Kansas City has already reached out to multiple replacement options.
Nov 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
If you think Howard’s on-the-field struggles have been hard, imagine what it has been like off-the-field.
Nov 19, 2014, 6:36 AM EST
Shocker: the guy who was unable to determine the proper time to commence a tear-down and rebuild is not efficiently managing said tear-down and rebuild.
Nov 11, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
So much for that.
Nov 10, 2014, 11:22 PM EST
The Royals have reportedly discussed Ryan Howard as a possibility to replace Billy Butler at DH.
Nov 6, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
He’s hit .247 with 15 homers and a .697 OPS through 171 career games.
Nov 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Winters in which the Phillies try to convince people that the old band has one more hit song left in them seem to be a thing of the past.
Oct 23, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Great Moments in Expectations-Setting
Oct 3, 2014, 6:12 PM EST
A recent report indicated that Phillies president David Montgomery was being forced out. The Phillies refuted the report on Friday.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Justin and B.J. Upton became the first pair of brother teammates since 1900 to each hit a home run and record an outfield assist in the same game.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:18 AM EST
The Dodgers clinch the NL West behind another outstanding performance from Clayton Kershaw.
Aug 31, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Is it really a good thing if one’s team is one of only two teams in the last 113 years to have four relatively old players accrue a significant amount of playing time?
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 17, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Kyle Kendrick stormed off the mound following a frustrating sixth inning on Saturday. He apologized for showing up manager Ryne Sandberg.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 0
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)