Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
The Phillies appear ready to move on from Ryan Howard.
Jul 24, 2014, 5:32 PM EST
It’s been bad in Philly. Is it starting to get ugly?
Jul 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reported yesterday that the Phillies have considered releasing struggling first baseman Ryan Howard with more than $60 million remaining on his contract and today is the day it becomes totally clear that the former MVP has been benched.
Jul 23, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
CSNPhilly.com’s Jim Salisbury has heard from sources that the Phillies are considering cutting ties with struggling first baseman Ryan Howard after this season, despite the fact that he’s owed $60 million in guaranteed money.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EST
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 10, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
The Cardinals and Reds were both dealt some tough blows on the injury front today, but the Brewers are doing their part to let them hang around in the National League Central.
Jul 1, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
It’s time to re-tool in Philadelphia.
Jun 21, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
Trevor Rosenthal attempted to make a bare-handed play to throw Ryan Howard out at first base last night. It worked. Sort of.
Jun 20, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
Two of the most promising young arms in baseball met last night. But Zack Wheeler got the best of Andrew Heaney on the occasion of the latter’s major league debut.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Jun 18, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Last night in Atlanta during the Phillies-Braves game some fans held up a sign that said: “Ryan Howard listens to Nickelback.”
Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 AM EST
Nine wins in a row and the shelling of a Tigers ace for the second straight night. And with that, the Royals are in first place.
Jun 12, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Two weeks ago the Phillies demoted Darin Ruf to Triple-A and he won’t be back in Philadelphia anytime soon, as Ryan Lawrence of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that the 27-year-old first baseman/outfielder has a broken bone in his left wrist.
Jun 5, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Doug Fister went into a full split while covering first base this afternoon.
Jun 2, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard thought he had his 12th home run of the season tonight, but Mets center fielder Matt den Dekker had other ideas.
May 31, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos captured baseball’s elusive five-ball walk on Friday against the Rangers.
May 31, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
It may be 2014, but Ryan Howard was able to reach another offensive milestone on Saturday against the Mets.
May 29, 2014, 7:01 AM EST
Ryan Howard walked the Phillies off with a three-run homer. Josh Donaldson did the same thing for the Athletics. Really, if you weren’t hitting walkoff three-run homers last night, we don’t want to know you.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
May 17, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Baseball is on pace for more shutouts this year than any season in the history of the game. But the problem isn’t the lack of scoring. It’s the lack of action.
May 13, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
Mike Trout, the pride of Millville, N.J., and the brightest young star in baseball, comes to Citizens Bank Park with the Los Angeles Angels for a two-game series beginning Tuesday night.
Apr 26, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
First, the umpires nab Michael Pineda for pine tar. Then they get Oliver Perez for having slits in the sleeves of his undershirt. What’s next?! Where do you draw the line?!
Apr 21, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
You probably know this, but the Kansas City Royals single season home run record is 36, and Steve Balboni set it almost 30 years ago.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
Ryan Howard is one of the more unlikely candidates to hit for the cycle, but he was one friendly scorer away from the achievement on Sunday against the Rockies.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)