Feb 22, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Ruben Amaro made some negative comments about Ryan Howard in a radio appearance back in December. The Phillies’ GM has apologized to Howard for those comments.
Feb 18, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
“Right now, unless he gets unseated, he’s the first baseman.”
Feb 2, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
The Phillies are trying to keep their options open with top prospect Maikel Franco in-house.
Jan 17, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. said in a radio interview back in December that they’d be better off without Ryan Howard. One month later, they still haven’t found any takers on the trade front.
Jan 6, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
Emphasis on the “can.” Because a team actually wanting Howard is largely theoretical.
In which someone describes A-Rod, B.J. Upton and Ryan Howard as potential offensive options for a team
Dec 21, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
This needs to happen, people.
Dec 20, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
With the Phillies in the middle of a rebuilding effort, they are facing some tough (and long overdue) truths with their veteran players.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Chase Utley plans to wear Phillies red until his contract runs out.
Dec 13, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Nice try, Phillies, but you can’t just dump Ryan Howard off on an unsuspecting team like that.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Well ain’t that interesting?
Dec 8, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Pat Gillick says he has Ruben Amaro’s back. Is it a vote of confidence or the dreaded vote of confidence?
Nov 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Kansas City has already reached out to multiple replacement options.
Nov 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
If you think Howard’s on-the-field struggles have been hard, imagine what it has been like off-the-field.
Nov 19, 2014, 6:36 AM EDT
Shocker: the guy who was unable to determine the proper time to commence a tear-down and rebuild is not efficiently managing said tear-down and rebuild.
Nov 11, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
So much for that.
Nov 10, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
The Royals have reportedly discussed Ryan Howard as a possibility to replace Billy Butler at DH.
Nov 6, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
He’s hit .247 with 15 homers and a .697 OPS through 171 career games.
Nov 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Winters in which the Phillies try to convince people that the old band has one more hit song left in them seem to be a thing of the past.
Oct 23, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Great Moments in Expectations-Setting
Oct 3, 2014, 6:12 PM EDT
A recent report indicated that Phillies president David Montgomery was being forced out. The Phillies refuted the report on Friday.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Justin and B.J. Upton became the first pair of brother teammates since 1900 to each hit a home run and record an outfield assist in the same game.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:18 AM EDT
The Dodgers clinch the NL West behind another outstanding performance from Clayton Kershaw.
Aug 31, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Is it really a good thing if one’s team is one of only two teams in the last 113 years to have four relatively old players accrue a significant amount of playing time?
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 20
- Not so fast! Dodgers-Marlins trade for Mat Latos “could be falling apart” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 56
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 46
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 53
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)