Feb 18, 2015, 8:37 PM EST
Giants manager Bruce Bochy acknowledged to MLB.com’s Chris Haft on Wednesday that Tim Hudson is behind schedule in his recovery from January ankle surgery, putting the veteran’s status in doubt for the beginning of the regular season.
Feb 18, 2015, 1:07 PM EST
It was thought he’d compete for the fifth slot. Today Bruce Bochy made it sound like the job is his.
Jan 26, 2015, 10:01 PM EST
After negotiations with Ryan Vogelsong broke down last week, the Astros are now considering alternatives.
Ryan Vogelsong “really wasn’t comfortable with what was going on” with Astros before returning to Giants
Jan 24, 2015, 2:16 PM EST
Did something strange happen between Ryan Vogelsong and the Astros which led to his return to the Giants?
Jan 23, 2015, 11:20 AM EST
Vogelsong has been with the Giants since 2011, turning his career around in San Francisco, and made it very clear as soon as the offseason began that he wanted to re-sign.
Jan 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EST
It appeared that Ryan Vogelsong was closing in on a deal with the Astros just a couple of days ago, but the Giants jumped back into the mix last night and now it looks like a reunion will happen.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Jan 19, 2015, 11:47 PM EST
After acquiring Evan Gattis from the Braves last week and swapping Dexter Fowler to the Cubs today for Luis Valbuena and Dan Straily, the Astros might have another move up their sleeve soon.
Jan 18, 2015, 12:03 PM EST
Earlier in the offseason Vogelsong made it clear that he wanted to re-sign with the Giants, but San Francisco hasn’t shown much interest in making that happen.
Jan 12, 2015, 11:03 PM EST
The Mets have been shopping Dillon Gee for most of the winter and it appears that they could finally find a match soon.
Jan 12, 2015, 9:31 AM EST
This does not seem like a great idea.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 7, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
The Twins are looking for some more rotation help, and are looking at Ryan Vogelsong and Brett Anderson.
Nov 6, 2014, 5:32 PM EST
There will be a slot for him. The Giants probably hope he can fill it.
Nov 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“I mean, where else would I rather be?”
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Asked about his free agency, Panda only says: “I’m just going to celebrate.”
Oct 26, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
A handful of Giants players impersonate manager Bruce Bochy. Tim Hudson likens him to Slingblade.
Oct 26, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
Hope Ryan Vogelsong has a short memory, as he may be needed out of the bullpen in Games 5 and 6 (and potentially 7) after a poor showing in Game 4 of the World Series.
Oct 26, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Yusmeiro Petit may have pitched himself into a solidified role with the Giants for the 2015 season.
Oct 26, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
Yusmeiro Petit has fired 12 scoreless frames this post-season, including three in Game 4 of the World Series against the Royals.
Oct 26, 2014, 1:05 AM EST
Some quick notes from Saturday’s Game 4.
Oct 26, 2014, 12:09 AM EST
The Giants scored 10 unanswered runs against the Royals en route to an 11-4 win in Game 4 of the World Series. The series is now tied at 2-2 going into Sunday’s Game 5.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:39 PM EST
The Giants rallied against Jason Vargas and the Royals’ bullpen to tie Game 4 of the World Series at 4-4.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)