Jul 14, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
First pitch is 8:15. Here is everything you need to know.
Jul 13, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Some interesting choices by managers Ned Yost and Bruce Bochy.
Jul 10, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
The midwest continued to own the All-Star voting, with both winners of the Final Vote for the 2015 All-Star Game coming out of the state of Missouri.
Jul 5, 2015, 7:48 PM EDT
Find out who made the starting rosters for the AL and NL squads in the 2015 All-Star Game. Spoiler: no Omar Infante.
Jun 15, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
Jun 8, 2015, 2:32 PM EDT
Kansas City currently has the top vote-getter at seven positions.
Jun 6, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
Salvador Perez’s contract with the Royals is arguably the best bargain in the game, but he hopes to renegotiate the deal.
May 24, 2015, 8:37 AM EDT
Your box scores and recaps from Saturday …
May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
May 1, 2015, 10:16 PM EDT
The Royals are trying to no-hit the Tigers in Friday night’s game. Chris Young started and pitched five productive innings before giving way to the bullpen.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:16 PM EDT
More drama involving the Athletics and Royals.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 12, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura apparently wasn’t happy with what Mike Trout shouted after scoring the Angels’ second run in a 7-2 game in the sixth inning.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:22 AM EDT
Good luck, Devin.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Running a young catcher into the ground usually has consequences.
Nov 8, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
This is Molina’s third Platinum Glove Award in the four-year history of the award.
Nov 4, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
The 2014 Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients are being revealed during an hour-long special airing right now (7:00 p.m. ET) on ESPN2. We will list all of the winners here, position-by-position, as they are announced by the Baseball Tonight crew …
Oct 31, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Some random, hypothetical musings on a Friday afternoon.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
A look at the tough calls the Royals will have to make following their World Series run.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
A breakdown of Alex Gordon’s two-out hit in the bottom of the ninth.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:44 PM EDT
A postseason legend is born
Oct 29, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
Royals catcher Salvador Perez was plunked in the left leg — just above his knee — in the bottom of the second inning by Giants starter Tim Hudson and took a long time to make it back to his feet and then down to first base. But he’s back out there behind the plate for the top of the third inning.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Tim Hudson vs. Jeremy Guthrie.
Oct 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Jake Peavy vs. Yordano Ventura.
Oct 26, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
James Shields and Madison Bumgarner square off again, this time in Game 5 of the World Series, which is tied up at 2-2. This is the final game of the series to be played at AT&T Park in San Francisco. The two clubs will travel on Monday for Game 6 (and possibly 7) in Kansas City.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 0
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 67
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 58
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)