Oct 21, 2014, 11:41 PM EST
The 2014 Royals have finally dropped a postseason game. And it was an ugly one for the home team.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:06 PM EST
Giants starter Madison Bumgarner was working on a shutout in Game 1 of the World Series on Wednesday night at Kauffman Stadium until Royals catcher Salvador Perez slugged a two-out solo shot over the left field fence.
Oct 21, 2014, 3:38 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner vs. James Shields.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:38 PM EST
The Royals are winners again. That word Buck loathed, that word “unbelievable,” lost some ground.
Oct 15, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Miguel Gonzalez vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 14, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Jeremy Guthrie vs. Wei-Yin Chen.
Oct 11, 2014, 1:17 PM EST
Yordano Ventura vs. Bud Norris.
Oct 11, 2014, 12:34 AM EST
Alex Gordon and Mike Moustakas both homered in the top of the 10th inning, giving the Royals a three-run lead as they attempt to take Game 1 of the ALCS from the Orioles.
Oct 10, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
The Royals battered Orioles starter Chris Tillman for four runs in the third inning of ALCS Game 1.
Oct 10, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
James Shields vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:03 PM EST
The Royals fell behind in the top of the first of ALDS Game 3, but rallied for three runs in the bottom half to chase C.J. Wilson from the game.
Oct 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Angels-Royals series in Kansas City …
Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EST
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Royals catcher Salvador Perez remained in the game after being hit in the head with Josh Hamilton’s backswing in the second game of the ALDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:19 PM EST
Yordano Ventura vs. Matt Shoemaker.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
Jered Weaver vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Somehow, it all seemed to tie this strange 2014 season together in one fitting package, though the end result wasn’t what anyone in green and gold wanted.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:53 PM EST
The Royals may not have won the AL Wild Card if not for the confounding decisions of manager Ned Yost.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:44 AM EST
In-game losses left the A’s undermanned in defeat.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:29 AM EST
In case you missed it, here is the replay of Salvador Perez’s walkoff hit from Tuesday night’s AL Wild Card Game …
Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
Salvador Perez was held hitless in his first five at-bats of Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, but he smacked a walkoff RBI single down the left-field line in the 12th inning to give the Royals a 9-8 victory over the A’s.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Some surprises for Oakland. Zero surprises for Kansas City.
Sep 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
This was a day of missed opportunities for the Royals.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)