San Diego Padres
Jan 31, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
Padres general manager A.J. Preller has been very active on the trade front this offseason, but he might not be done yet.
Jan 29, 2015, 6:45 PM EST
Add another name to the list of fifth starter candidates for the Braves.
Jan 22, 2015, 8:36 PM EST
Gomes will likely be used as part of a left field platoon with Atlanta.
Jan 20, 2015, 9:27 PM EST
MLB.com beat writer Mark Bowman reports that the Braves are in pursuit of free agent Jonny Gomes as a potential left-field platoon mate with Zolio Almonte.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
He gets $2.5 million for his first two years of arbitration.
John Hart on the Braves: “We may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but we’re going to be a lot of fun to dance with”
Jan 16, 2015, 8:50 AM EST
FanGraphs currently projects the Braves to have MLB’s second-worst record in 2015.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Oakland and Washington have made an average of one trade every five months for the past four years.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
The Astros and DH Chris Carter avoided arbitration with a one-year, $4.175 million.
Jan 14, 2015, 1:40 PM EST
American League teams seem the most interested.
Jan 12, 2015, 8:20 PM EST
Could new Padres general manager A.J. Preller have another trick up his sleeve this winter?
Jan 11, 2015, 11:50 PM EST
Ichiro Suzuki, Nate Schierholtz, Andy Dirks, and Will Venable top the Marlins’ list of fourth-outfielder candidates.
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Jan 8, 2015, 7:58 PM EST
Billingsley hasn’t pitched in the majors since undergoing Tommy John surgery in April of 2013.
Jan 8, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
Johnson re-signed with San Diego after giving the Padres zero value on a one-year, $8 million last season.
Jan 7, 2015, 11:45 AM EST
He’s had an up-and-down career filled with lots of arm problems.
Jan 4, 2015, 6:04 PM EST
MLB tested a pitch-clock rule in the Arizona Fall League, but it’s unlikely to be adopted for the 2015 season.
Jan 1, 2015, 12:08 PM EST
Seth Smith could read the writing on the wall after the Padres traded for Matt Kemp, Wil Myers, and Justin Upton.
Dec 30, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
It was reported as close to happening a few hours ago and now ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick says it’s done: Seth Smith, 32-year-old Padres outfielder, has been traded to the Mariners in a straight swap for 24-year-old right-handed reliever Brandon Maurer.
Dec 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
A lot of teams are, actually.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
San Diego has outfielders to spare.
Dec 23, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Minnesota adds a right-handed reliever.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
This means the Padres will only have to pay Kemp $3 million next season.
Dec 22, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
Another comeback attempt in San Diego.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
The Padres have made a flurry of moves in the past few days. It may help them win some more baseball games. But it will undeniably fire up a fan base that has had nothing to get excited about for years.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 19
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 29
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 92
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)