San Diego Padres
Feb 28, 2015, 9:35 PM EST
It’s odd to hear Jimmy Rollins say nice things about the Mets.
Feb 28, 2015, 4:19 PM EST
After trading the likes of Justin Upton, Jason Heyward, and Evan Gattis as well as adding a handful of veteran free agents, the Braves have a ton of new faces in camp this spring.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:55 PM EST
Eury Perez is the early favorite to take over in center field while Melvin Upton recovers from a foot injury.
Matt Kemp thinks the Padres have the best outfield in baseball. I don’t think he’s right about that.
Feb 26, 2015, 7:32 AM EST
He’s forgetting, it seems, that outfields also play defense.
Feb 25, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
Quentin is still on the roster and under contract for $8 million, but San Diego added Justin Upton Matt Kemp, and Wil Myers in high-profile trades.
Feb 23, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
Cabrera will receive a $2.4 million salary and could max out at $3 million with incentives.
Feb 21, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
The Giants offered $5 million more to James Shields than he ultimately wound up signing for with the Padres.
Feb 18, 2015, 9:03 AM EST
He’s no one you want for millions a year, but on a cheap deal on the eve of spring training? Not too shabby a pickup.
Feb 11, 2015, 4:55 PM EST
Sources say: the Padres
Feb 11, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Figuratively, I assume. And not, like, coming at Ruben Amaro with a crowbar.
Feb 10, 2015, 2:22 PM EST
Cerrano: “Maps for bats. Keep bats from getting lost.”
Feb 9, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Padres fans have never had a ton to get excited about. That has changed this winter.
Feb 9, 2015, 2:12 AM EST
The Padres have reportedly signed starter James Shields to a four-year deal in the $72-76 million range.
Feb 7, 2015, 8:45 PM EST
Padres starter Andrew Cashner said he’d “love to stay in San Diego”.
Feb 7, 2015, 5:07 PM EST
Is the James Shields saga finally reaching a conclusion?
Feb 5, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
The Padres currently project to be around $89 million for 2015, but GM A.J. Preller still has some wiggle room with his budget.
Feb 4, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
Thou shalt not cover thine neighbor’s . . . pitcher?
Feb 2, 2015, 5:17 PM EST
Nieves spent last season backing up Carlos Ruiz with the Phillies.
Feb 1, 2015, 8:25 PM EST
The Padres began their overhaul shortly after signing Clint Barmes to a one-year deal. He wasn’t quite expecting to be on a team expected to seriously contend with the Dodgers in the NL West.
Jan 31, 2015, 9:00 PM EST
The Braves may have pawned off many of their productive players, but Freddie Freeman still thinks they’ll compete in 2015.
Jan 31, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
The Rays added some depth, signing reliever Ronald Belisario on Saturday. It appears they’ll be adding infielder Alexi Casilla as well.
Jan 31, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
Padres general manager A.J. Preller has been very active on the trade front this offseason, but he might not be done yet.
Jan 29, 2015, 6:45 PM EST
Add another name to the list of fifth starter candidates for the Braves.
Jan 22, 2015, 8:36 PM EST
Gomes will likely be used as part of a left field platoon with Atlanta.
Jan 20, 2015, 9:27 PM EST
MLB.com beat writer Mark Bowman reports that the Braves are in pursuit of free agent Jonny Gomes as a potential left-field platoon mate with Zolio Almonte.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)