San Diego Padres
Apr 26, 2015, 10:40 AM EDT
Dodgers right-hander Brandon McCarthy called for a trainer immediately after serving up a three-run homer to Padres slugger Justin Upton in the bottom of the sixth inning Saturday night at Petco Park.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
Yordano Ventura and the Royals find themselves in yet another fracas.
Apr 23, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
Kennedy hurt his hamstring in his first start of the season.
Apr 22, 2015, 8:33 PM EDT
He’ll head to Triple-A Tacoma initially, but Dutton thinks Quentin could be a “quick promotion candidate.”
Apr 22, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
Dickerson and Arenado have combined for five homers, 20 RBI, and 18 runs scored in 10 games this year.
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 21, 2015, 6:09 PM EDT
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado was a late scratch from Monday night’s series opener against the Padres due to soreness in his left wrist and left fielder Corey Dickerson had to exit in the fourth inning after experiencing a flareup of the plantar fasciitis in his left foot.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Padres right-hander Ian Kennedy landed on the disabled list after exiting his season debut on April 9 with a mild left hamstring strain, but he’s on track to return Saturday against the Dodgers.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Kris Bryant, one of baseball’s top prospects, earned his first major league hit and RBI on Saturday afternoon against the Padres.
Apr 17, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle, baseball’s timeless left-hander, is reportedly considering retiring after the season.
Apr 17, 2015, 2:47 PM EDT
OK, maybe that’s a bit strong.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Ian Kennedy suffered a mildly strained hamstring in his season debut and will be placed on the disabled list.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
There’s a right way and a wrong way to throw your gum away.
Apr 9, 2015, 7:28 PM EDT
Kennedy, 30, is coming off a nice bounceback season where he posted a 3.63 ERA and 207/70 K/BB ratio in 201 innings across 33 starts.
Apr 9, 2015, 12:25 AM EDT
Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez has his first career three-homer game.
Apr 8, 2015, 6:28 AM EDT
Mat Latos did not have the greatest new-team debut last night.
Apr 7, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
It’s been nearly 48 hours since the Padres’ last deal. A.J. probably has the shakes.
Apr 6, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
He’s never going to actually play for Atlanta.
Apr 6, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Apr 6, 2015, 1:55 AM EDT
With necessities still required, the Padres pulled off a whopper of a trade for a luxury.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)