San Diego Padres
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 22, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
In his first full season as a starter Ross finishes with a 2.81 ERA and 195 strikeouts in 196 innings.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
It’s not dark yet for the Brewers, but it’s getting there. It’s absolutely pitch black for the A’s, though.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 14, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Joaquin Benoit should rejoin the Padres late this week. He threw a side session on Sunday afternoon and will do so again on Tuesday before he gets the go-ahead.
Sep 13, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Anthony Rizzo has made progress from his lower back injury and is on track to rejoin the Cubs’ lineup on Monday.
Sep 12, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
The reason for that is pretty clear: baseball would prefer not to think about such things. And, historically, it hasn’t. That needs to change.
Sep 12, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Because you know I’d have a couple of thoughts, right?
Sep 12, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
The suspension is effective immediately and includes the playoffs in addition to the Orioles’ final 17 regular season games.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EDT
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 8, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT
When you believe that PEDs are the ultimate evil, you lose the ability to judge people on anything close to a reasonable basis.
Sep 5, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
For the third straight year, Cabrera runs into some off-the-field legal trouble.
Sep 5, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
Wieland hasn’t pitched in a big-league game since May 6, 2012.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT
It was only a matter of time. And that time has come.
Aug 31, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT
Check out Alexi Amarista guiding the Padres to their third consecutive extra-innings walkoff victory with an RBI single to shallow left-center field Saturday night against the visiting Dodgers …
Aug 30, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
And wouldn’t you know it, it worked.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 27, 2014, 2:21 PM EDT
Alonso is arbitration eligible for the first time this offseason coming off a career-worst season in which he hit just .240 with seven homers and a .682 OPS in 84 games.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 26, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Carlos Quentin has been on and off the disabled list while playing just 50 games this season due to a spring training knee injury.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 23, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
The Padres activated Andrew Cashner from the 15-day disabled list. He’ll make the start Saturday night against the Diamondbacks.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)