San Francisco Giants
Apr 25, 2015, 9:38 AM EDT
Check out a double-dose of defensive excellence from Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
Yordano Ventura and the Royals find themselves in yet another fracas.
Apr 23, 2015, 8:37 AM EDT
Ultimately the right (non)-call was made. But it was made by accident.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Roberto Kelly is all like “Me? I didn’t do nothin’?” And Mattingly is all like “dude, really?” And Blanco is all like “[whistles innocently]”
Apr 22, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He has yet to ramp up baseball activities to meet that target date.
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Jake Peavy is dealing with lower back issues.
Apr 16, 2015, 9:23 AM EDT
One of those deals where the headline pretty much says it all, I’d say.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Rios came to the Royals via free agency as the replacement for Norichika Aoki.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 12, 2015, 3:14 PM EDT
Brandon Belt has been held out of the Giants’ starting lineup since suffering a mild right groin strain last Tuesday in Arizona, but he was available to pinch hit Saturday night in San Diego and Alex Pavolvic of CSNBayArea.com notes that he is starting at first base in Sunday’s series finale against the Padres.
Apr 11, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
McGehee suffered the injury after getting out of the batter’s box on a fly out to end the bottom of the first inning.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle has become the 116th pitcher to win at least 200 games in his career.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
There’s a right way and a wrong way to throw your gum away.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
Apr 8, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
Belt strained his right groin muscle Tuesday while chasing after a foul pop-up in the fourth inning of the Giants’ 7-6 loss to the Diamondbacks.
Apr 8, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“Honestly I don’t think it’s too bad.”
Apr 8, 2015, 6:28 AM EDT
Mat Latos did not have the greatest new-team debut last night.
Apr 7, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
Watch as Buster Posey takes Rubby De La Rosa deep Tuesday for his first home run of 2015 …
Apr 7, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Correia was released by the Mariners at the end of spring training after posting a 16.88 ERA in three Cactus League appearances. The 34-year-old will act as orgnizational rotation depth for the Giants, who badly need it now that …
Apr 7, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
Cain was in line to pitch the Giants’ third regular-season game on Wednesday in Arizona, but 26-year-old right-hander Chris Heston has been recalled from Triple-A Fresno and will take the bump instead.
Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 48
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 74
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 65
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)