San Francisco Giants
Feb 26, 2015, 5:17 PM EST
“I think hanging it up is going to be harder for guys than they realize, after being out of it for a year.”
Feb 24, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
At age 30 he’s owed $67.5 million for the next three years.
Feb 23, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
It was just an average day at Giants camp on Monday…
Feb 21, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
The Giants offered $5 million more to James Shields than he ultimately wound up signing for with the Padres.
Feb 21, 2015, 12:15 PM EST
Giants manager Bruce Bochy was admitted to a local hospital Thursday to have two stents inserted after experiencing heart discomfort, but he won’t be away from his team for long.
Feb 18, 2015, 8:37 PM EST
Giants manager Bruce Bochy acknowledged to MLB.com’s Chris Haft on Wednesday that Tim Hudson is behind schedule in his recovery from January ankle surgery, putting the veteran’s status in doubt for the beginning of the regular season.
Feb 18, 2015, 1:07 PM EST
It was thought he’d compete for the fifth slot. Today Bruce Bochy made it sound like the job is his.
Feb 16, 2015, 10:21 PM EST
Zito began his career with the Athletics and won the AL Cy Young Award with the club in 2002.
Feb 16, 2015, 12:42 PM EST
On this date 11 years ago the Rangers traded Alex Rodriguez to the Yankees in exchange for Alfonso Soriano and Joaquin Arias.
Feb 14, 2015, 7:25 PM EST
The Indians don’t appear to be a landing spot for Barry Zito as he attempts to keep his career alive.
Feb 12, 2015, 2:14 PM EST
He asked for $5.4 million and the Giants countered at $4 million.
Feb 11, 2015, 2:43 PM EST
Nice to know I’ve had a private work toilet in my “office” longer than a three-time World Series-winning manager has.
Feb 7, 2015, 11:10 AM EST
It has been rumored for a while, but the Giants finally unveiled their new home alternate black jerseys yesterday.
Feb 6, 2015, 10:45 PM EST
Giants manager Bruce Bochy’s early lineup construction includes batting Brandon Belt third.
Feb 6, 2015, 9:35 PM EST
Tim Hudson will enter his 17th major league season and it appears it may be his last.
Feb 4, 2015, 9:06 AM EST
Steven Matz is a good pitching prospect. But let’s pump the brakes on the comps here. On all comps, really.
Feb 2, 2015, 4:34 PM EST
Batters wait eagerly in anticipation.
Feb 2, 2015, 9:52 AM EST
$3.6 million to the Giants’ first baseman.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:21 PM EST
Scutaro appeared in just five games last season for the World Series champions due to a back injury that has continued to bother him this offseason.
Jan 27, 2015, 4:40 PM EST
Crawford requested $3.95 million and the Giants countered at $2.4 million.
Jan 26, 2015, 10:01 PM EST
After negotiations with Ryan Vogelsong broke down last week, the Astros are now considering alternatives.
Ryan Vogelsong “really wasn’t comfortable with what was going on” with Astros before returning to Giants
Jan 24, 2015, 2:16 PM EST
Did something strange happen between Ryan Vogelsong and the Astros which led to his return to the Giants?
Jan 23, 2015, 11:20 AM EST
Vogelsong has been with the Giants since 2011, turning his career around in San Francisco, and made it very clear as soon as the offseason began that he wanted to re-sign.
Jan 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EST
It appeared that Ryan Vogelsong was closing in on a deal with the Astros just a couple of days ago, but the Giants jumped back into the mix last night and now it looks like a reunion will happen.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)