San Francisco Giants
Oct 19, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Tim Lincecum woke up with a stiff neck and cut his workout short on Saturday, but is still expected to be ready when the World Series starts on Tuesday.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:32 AM EDT
Buster Posey, Joe Panik, Pablo Sandoval, Javier Lopez, Jake Peavy and a few other Giants talk about their upcoming World Series matchup against the Royals …
Oct 18, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The baseball world wasn’t the only one surprised that it was Travis Ishikawa who hit a walk-off home run to send the Giants into the World Series. Ishikawa still isn’t sure it was him, either.
Oct 18, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
The man who generously gave Travis Ishikawa his NLCS-winning home run ball has been rewarded by the Giants with four tickets to Game 3 of the World Series at AT&T Park.
Oct 18, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner and Jake Peavy will start Games 1 and 2 of the World Series against the Royals.
Oct 18, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
The Royals will host the first two games of the World Series.
Oct 18, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
I won’t claim to know all of the words the announcer was saying, but it doesn’t really matter.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:26 AM EDT
A handy checklist to help you decide who to root for in the Fall Classic
Oct 17, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
The decision that doomed the Cardinals.
Oct 17, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
Come on, you know you want to see it again.
Oct 16, 2014, 11:53 PM EDT
Bumgarner tossed 7 2/3 scoreless innings in a victory in Game 1 and allowed three runs over eight innings in Game 5 tonight.
Oct 16, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
The Giants are headed to the World Series for the third time in the past five seasons.
Oct 16, 2014, 10:44 PM EDT
We have a brand new ballgame in San Francisco.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Game 5 of the NLCS has already been a wild, seesaw affair.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
The Cardinals are one loss away from elimination, but they have grabbed an early lead in Game 5 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 16, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:40 AM EDT
It’s do or die time for Mike Matheny and the Cardinals.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:11 AM EDT
Letting Shelby Miller bat in the fourth was baffling, but it wasn’t Matheny’s only bad call in Game 4.
Oct 16, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Madison Bumgarner — the hottest starting pitcher remaining in this postseason — can pitch the Giants to the 2014 World Series with a victory in Game 5 of the NLCS on Thursday night in San Francisco.
Oct 15, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
The Giants were down 4-1 to the Cardinals after the top of the third inning Wednesday night in Game 4 of the NLCS at San Francisco’s AT&T Park, but they’re now carrying a 6-4 lead into the top of the seventh.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
The Cardinals are trying to get the National League Championship Series back to St. Louis, and they’re off to a decent start here in Game 4 at AT&T Park.
Oct 15, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
There was a tone of optimism in the veteran’s voice after he completed a successful bullpen session Wednesday afternoon at San Francisco’s AT&T Park.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
Shelby Miller vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
For the Orioles, it’ll take a miracle. Meanwhile the Giants seek to take control.
Oct 14, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
Randy Choate came in and things got weird.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)