May 1, 2015, 10:44 PM EDT
Ryan Hanigan will need surgery to repair a fractured finger on his right hand suffered during Friday’s loss to the Yankees.
Mar 30, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Ryan Hanigan and Sandy Leon figure to handle catching duties for the Red Sox in the early part of the season.
Mar 30, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Leon looks to have the inside track on the Sox’ backup catching gig.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The Nationals starters are getting a breather today.
Jun 26, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The first-place Washington Nationals got a much-needed boost when they activated catcher Wilson Ramos from the disabled list on Thursday.
Jun 11, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos has some of the best batted-ball distance in the major leagues and has been considered a future star since earning National League Rookie of the Year votes in 2011. But the dude just can’t seem to stay healthy.
May 6, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
Expected to miss 4-8 weeks following April 2 hamate bone surgery, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos declared himself “ready to go.”
Apr 6, 2014, 10:21 AM EDT
Bryce Harper went 0-for-4 in Saturday night’s 6-2 loss to the Braves and acknowledged to CSN Washington’s Mark Zuckerman after the game that he’s feeling “pretty lost right now, actually.” He will sit out Sunday.
Dec 21, 2013, 3:13 PM EDT
The Nationals have signed veteran catcher Chris Snyder to a minor league contract, according to an announcement from the team. The deal includes a spring training invite. Snyder appeared in nine games with the Orioles this past season, but spent the majority of the season at the Triple-A level. The 32-year-old backstop hit .176/.295/.308 with…
Jul 31, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
UPDATE: So much for that: Kilgore now reports that the Nationals talked to the Rangers about Torrealba, but “one person involved says ‘it doesn’t look like a fit.’” ========== Yorvit Torrealba became expendable in Texas once the Rangers acquired Geovany Soto from the Cubs last night and after being designated for assignment he’s expected to…
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 107
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (107)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)