Sep 17, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
The Nationals starters are getting a breather today.
Jun 26, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The first-place Washington Nationals got a much-needed boost when they activated catcher Wilson Ramos from the disabled list on Thursday.
Jun 11, 2014, 8:17 PM EST
Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos has some of the best batted-ball distance in the major leagues and has been considered a future star since earning National League Rookie of the Year votes in 2011. But the dude just can’t seem to stay healthy.
May 6, 2014, 4:06 PM EST
Expected to miss 4-8 weeks following April 2 hamate bone surgery, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos declared himself “ready to go.”
Apr 6, 2014, 10:21 AM EST
Bryce Harper went 0-for-4 in Saturday night’s 6-2 loss to the Braves and acknowledged to CSN Washington’s Mark Zuckerman after the game that he’s feeling “pretty lost right now, actually.” He will sit out Sunday.
Dec 21, 2013, 3:13 PM EST
The Nationals have signed veteran catcher Chris Snyder to a minor league contract, according to an announcement from the team. The deal includes a spring training invite. Snyder appeared in nine games with the Orioles this past season, but spent the majority of the season at the Triple-A level. The 32-year-old backstop hit .176/.295/.308 with…
Jul 31, 2012, 1:09 PM EST
UPDATE: So much for that: Kilgore now reports that the Nationals talked to the Rangers about Torrealba, but “one person involved says ‘it doesn’t look like a fit.’” ========== Yorvit Torrealba became expendable in Texas once the Rangers acquired Geovany Soto from the Cubs last night and after being designated for assignment he’s expected to…
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)