Jul 25, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
The Cardinals are trying to add yet another catcher in A.J. Pierzynski, which would mean George Kottaras could be on his way out.
Jul 18, 2014, 7:39 PM EDT
Some weirdness from our first night back after the break.
Jun 27, 2014, 6:51 AM EDT
Dear Chase: I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so alike. I’d like to meet you one day, it would be great to have a catch. I know I can’t throw as fast as you but I think you’d be impressed with my speed.
Jun 26, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Tim Lincecum’s no-hitter reminded me of something.
May 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Rickie Weeks doesn’t want to learn to play left field, even though it would get him off the bench.
Mar 22, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
After dealing outfielder Norichika Aoki to the Royals in December, the Brewers were left without an ideal option for the leadoff spot, but manager Ron Roenicke has settled on his choice. According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Roenicke announced today that Carlos Gomez will hit leadoff to begin the year. Jean Segura, who will now…
Feb 27, 2014, 2:23 PM EDT
In trading last year’s leadoff man, Norichika Aoki, and failing to add the quality left-handed-hitting first baseman they wanted, the Brewers have left themselves with the most unbalanced lineup in baseball. Here are the likely starters, along with my projection for each: C: Jonathan Lucroy (R) – .283/.337/.443 1B: Mark Reynolds (R) – .231/.328/.455 2B:…
Dec 11, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that the Marlins are interested in a trade for Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks. Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors confirms the report. It’s an odd fit on the surface, as the Marlins just signed Rafael Furcal to a one-year deal last week to be their second baseman.…
Jun 27, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Three weeks ago the Brewers called up Scooter Gennett and gave him regular playing time at second base in place of the slumping Rickie Weeks. Gennett started 10 times in a 16-game stretch beginning on June 3, but along the way Weeks caught fire. Weeks is hitting .435 with five homers and a 1.370 OPS…
Jun 26, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Rickie Weeks was so brutally bad in April and May that the Brewers called up Triple-A infielder Scooter Gennett and have been starting him at second base over Weeks in about half the games this month. Whether or not that motivated Weeks is unclear, but whatever the case he’s on an incredible tear that has…
Mar 7, 2013, 5:41 PM EDT
Like I said: they have a bit of Milwaukee here: It was a nice enough day, though a little sleepy. The Brewers have so many people away at the WBC that even their home lineup looked a lot like a road lineup for most spring training games. Something called Scooter Gennett led off. Because every…
Mar 25, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
We haven’t been this excited about an undersized Brewers infield prospect with a funny name since Callix Crabbe. 21-year-old Scooter Gennett hit for the cycle Sunday against the Royals, homering off Louis Coleman in the eighth inning to complete it. Gennett, who is listed a 5-foot-9 and 164 pounds, entered the day with just five…
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)