Oct 31, 2014, 10:50 AM EST
Weeks has spent his entire career with the Brewers after being the No. 2 overall pick in the 2003 draft.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Jul 25, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
The Cardinals are trying to add yet another catcher in A.J. Pierzynski, which would mean George Kottaras could be on his way out.
Jul 18, 2014, 7:39 PM EST
Some weirdness from our first night back after the break.
Jun 27, 2014, 6:51 AM EST
Dear Chase: I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so alike. I’d like to meet you one day, it would be great to have a catch. I know I can’t throw as fast as you but I think you’d be impressed with my speed.
Jun 26, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
Tim Lincecum’s no-hitter reminded me of something.
May 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Rickie Weeks doesn’t want to learn to play left field, even though it would get him off the bench.
Mar 22, 2014, 3:01 PM EST
After dealing outfielder Norichika Aoki to the Royals in December, the Brewers were left without an ideal option for the leadoff spot, but manager Ron Roenicke has settled on his choice. According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Roenicke announced today that Carlos Gomez will hit leadoff to begin the year. Jean Segura, who will now…
Feb 27, 2014, 2:23 PM EST
In trading last year’s leadoff man, Norichika Aoki, and failing to add the quality left-handed-hitting first baseman they wanted, the Brewers have left themselves with the most unbalanced lineup in baseball. Here are the likely starters, along with my projection for each: C: Jonathan Lucroy (R) – .283/.337/.443 1B: Mark Reynolds (R) – .231/.328/.455 2B:…
Dec 11, 2013, 10:57 PM EST
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that the Marlins are interested in a trade for Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks. Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors confirms the report. It’s an odd fit on the surface, as the Marlins just signed Rafael Furcal to a one-year deal last week to be their second baseman.…
Jun 27, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
Three weeks ago the Brewers called up Scooter Gennett and gave him regular playing time at second base in place of the slumping Rickie Weeks. Gennett started 10 times in a 16-game stretch beginning on June 3, but along the way Weeks caught fire. Weeks is hitting .435 with five homers and a 1.370 OPS…
Jun 26, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Rickie Weeks was so brutally bad in April and May that the Brewers called up Triple-A infielder Scooter Gennett and have been starting him at second base over Weeks in about half the games this month. Whether or not that motivated Weeks is unclear, but whatever the case he’s on an incredible tear that has…
Mar 7, 2013, 5:41 PM EST
Like I said: they have a bit of Milwaukee here: It was a nice enough day, though a little sleepy. The Brewers have so many people away at the WBC that even their home lineup looked a lot like a road lineup for most spring training games. Something called Scooter Gennett led off. Because every…
Mar 25, 2012, 7:15 PM EST
We haven’t been this excited about an undersized Brewers infield prospect with a funny name since Callix Crabbe. 21-year-old Scooter Gennett hit for the cycle Sunday against the Royals, homering off Louis Coleman in the eighth inning to complete it. Gennett, who is listed a 5-foot-9 and 164 pounds, entered the day with just five…
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 65
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 59
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)