Jul 2, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
This is what your face looks like when you give up your first hit of the game with two outs in the ninth inning.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
He was runner-up in 2009.
Jul 1, 2015, 7:31 AM EDT
Shutouts are rare in baseball these days. M’s rookie Mike Montgomery has two in a row.
Jun 30, 2015, 5:23 PM EDT
Like pretty much everyone else, actually.
Jun 28, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Fernando Rodney has had a brutal year, but manager Lloyd McClendon hopes to eventually trust him with closing duties again.
Jun 28, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
Breaking up Max Scherzer’s bid for a perfect game didn’t buy Jose Tabata any extra leash length with the Pirates.
Jun 27, 2015, 9:07 PM EDT
Robinson Cano was a victim of bad luck during Saturday’s game against the Angels, as he was hit in the head by an errant warmup throw.
Jun 27, 2015, 8:51 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including another strong outing from Mariners right-hander Taijuan Walker.
Jun 25, 2015, 8:34 AM EDT
An old New York media trope rears its head once again.
Jun 24, 2015, 6:32 PM EDT
Gutierrez didn’t play any sort of MLB-affiliated ball in 2014 after being diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis, a type of arthritis that primarily affects the spine and causes problems in many other joints. And he averaged just 58 games between 2011-2013 due to a variety of injuries.
Jun 24, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Paxton has been on the disabled list since late May with a strained middle finger.
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 23, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Baseball is amazing and bizarre.
Jun 23, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
Which they’re saying is not serious, despite the fact that it makes you want to cringe and die.
Jun 23, 2015, 6:56 AM EDT
Maikel Franco provides a glimmer of hope for the Phillies in an otherwise dark season.
Jun 22, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
If he faced the Phillies he’d toss six and two-thirds shutout innings and be pulled only because he hit his pitch count.
Jun 21, 2015, 10:14 AM EDT
Look at young Astros shortstop Carlos Correa getting way up to rob Mike Zunino of a hit Saturday …
Jun 18, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
More blowouts. More position players pitching. A couple of heroic performances. We had a little of everything last night.
Jun 17, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Whose right way is really right anyway?
Jun 15, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Altuve hasn’t played since Friday due to a strained right hamstring.
Jun 13, 2015, 1:43 PM EDT
Rickie Weeks signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the Mariners over the winter, but he was designated for assignment this afternoon after struggling in part-time duty.
Jun 13, 2015, 10:06 AM EDT
Felix Hernandez had the worst start of his career last night and the Mariners couldn’t get anything going against Brett Oberholtzer, so manager Lloyd McClendon decided to let catcher Jesus Sucre pitch the eighth inning of a lopsided game….
Jun 12, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Justin Smoak: now with a triple!
Jun 12, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
Felix Hernandez was shelled by the Astros in Friday night’s start.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 18
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 13
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 77
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)