May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EST
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
We now have a scale to measure this — The Intentional Walk Rage System — and Ron Washington darn near broke it yesterday
May 12, 2014, 6:33 AM EST
Derek Norris smacked two homers and Gio Gonzalez flashed some Natitude
May 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
Yu Darvish once again fell one out shy of a no-hitter on Friday night. He doesn’t need one to prove he’s one of the very best pitchers in baseball.
May 9, 2014, 10:36 AM EST
All intentional walks stink. Some, however, stink worse than others. As a service, Joe Posnanski has created the Intentional Walk Rage System to gauge these things. Ned Yost darn near broke the thing last night.
May 9, 2014, 6:31 AM EST
Getting Shemped: That moment when you decide to stay up late and watch the Dodgers and found out you got stuck with a Josh Beckett start.
May 8, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Felix Hernandez struggled yesterday, allowing four runs on 11 hits in 6.1 innings against the A’s and the weird part is that he had zero strikeouts.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EST
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 7, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
As part of the promotion for his upcoming auto-biography former Yankees closer Mariano Rivera posted an excerpt in the New York Daily News saying that he’d rather have Dustin Pedroia than longtime teammate Robinson Cano as his second baseman.
May 7, 2014, 8:35 AM EST
Don’t sleep on the Mariners. And, yes, I suppose that does mean that I am telling you to go Sleepless in Seattle.
May 7, 2014, 6:39 AM EST
Baseball has been played for 150 years, but a first in Major League history occurred last night.
May 6, 2014, 8:38 AM EST
This will go unnoticed in Boston and New York and the matter will be forgotten by lunch. Right?
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 5, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Are the Orioles interested in Kendrys Morales or not?
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
May 4, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Abraham Almonte has been ice cold at the plate. The Mariners hope spending some time back at Triple-A will help him figure things out.
May 3, 2014, 12:51 PM EST
Coming off a breakthrough 2013, Hisashi Iwakuma is finally ready to make his season debut.
May 2, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Kendrys Morales remains a free agent, but according to Jon Heyman, he and the Orioles have been having a dialogue.
May 2, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Let’s play two! Three times! And let’s have a sweep in all three of them!
May 1, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Out since early spring training with a finger injury, Mariners right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma is expected to come off the disabled list and make his season debut Saturday against the Astros.
Apr 30, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
How dare the fans “out in the hinterlands” mock Cano for being greedy? I mean, they’re not columnists!
Apr 30, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
The Yankees Bleacher Creatures chanted “You sold out!” at Robinson Cano. The world is made for people who aren’t cursed with self-awareness.
Apr 29, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
There is a sparse crowd at Yankee Stadium on Tuesday night due to blistery weather conditions, but those fans made themselves heard in Robinson Cano’s first at-bat back in the Bronx …
Apr 29, 2014, 9:25 AM EST
To boo or not to boo: that is the kinda dumb question.
Apr 29, 2014, 12:34 AM EST
Yankees fans thought they were booing a cardboard cutout of Robinson Cano. They were in for a surprise.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)