May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EST
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
We now have a scale to measure this — The Intentional Walk Rage System — and Ron Washington darn near broke it yesterday
May 12, 2014, 6:33 AM EST
Derek Norris smacked two homers and Gio Gonzalez flashed some Natitude
May 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
Yu Darvish once again fell one out shy of a no-hitter on Friday night. He doesn’t need one to prove he’s one of the very best pitchers in baseball.
May 9, 2014, 10:36 AM EST
All intentional walks stink. Some, however, stink worse than others. As a service, Joe Posnanski has created the Intentional Walk Rage System to gauge these things. Ned Yost darn near broke the thing last night.
May 9, 2014, 6:31 AM EST
Getting Shemped: That moment when you decide to stay up late and watch the Dodgers and found out you got stuck with a Josh Beckett start.
May 8, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Felix Hernandez struggled yesterday, allowing four runs on 11 hits in 6.1 innings against the A’s and the weird part is that he had zero strikeouts.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EST
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 7, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
As part of the promotion for his upcoming auto-biography former Yankees closer Mariano Rivera posted an excerpt in the New York Daily News saying that he’d rather have Dustin Pedroia than longtime teammate Robinson Cano as his second baseman.
May 7, 2014, 8:35 AM EST
Don’t sleep on the Mariners. And, yes, I suppose that does mean that I am telling you to go Sleepless in Seattle.
May 7, 2014, 6:39 AM EST
Baseball has been played for 150 years, but a first in Major League history occurred last night.
May 6, 2014, 8:38 AM EST
This will go unnoticed in Boston and New York and the matter will be forgotten by lunch. Right?
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 5, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Are the Orioles interested in Kendrys Morales or not?
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
May 4, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Abraham Almonte has been ice cold at the plate. The Mariners hope spending some time back at Triple-A will help him figure things out.
May 3, 2014, 12:51 PM EST
Coming off a breakthrough 2013, Hisashi Iwakuma is finally ready to make his season debut.
May 2, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Kendrys Morales remains a free agent, but according to Jon Heyman, he and the Orioles have been having a dialogue.
May 2, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Let’s play two! Three times! And let’s have a sweep in all three of them!
May 1, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Out since early spring training with a finger injury, Mariners right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma is expected to come off the disabled list and make his season debut Saturday against the Astros.
Apr 30, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
How dare the fans “out in the hinterlands” mock Cano for being greedy? I mean, they’re not columnists!
Apr 30, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
The Yankees Bleacher Creatures chanted “You sold out!” at Robinson Cano. The world is made for people who aren’t cursed with self-awareness.
Apr 29, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
There is a sparse crowd at Yankee Stadium on Tuesday night due to blistery weather conditions, but those fans made themselves heard in Robinson Cano’s first at-bat back in the Bronx …
Apr 29, 2014, 9:25 AM EST
To boo or not to boo: that is the kinda dumb question.
Apr 29, 2014, 12:34 AM EST
Yankees fans thought they were booing a cardboard cutout of Robinson Cano. They were in for a surprise.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)