May 14, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Ben Zobrist dislocated his left thumb sliding into second base on Wednesday afternoon.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 13, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
This has been a month of rarities for Mariners ace Felix Hernandez. Last week he recorded zero strikeouts in a game for the first time in 181 starts and last night he was ejected from a game for the first time in his entire 10-year career.
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EDT
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
We now have a scale to measure this — The Intentional Walk Rage System — and Ron Washington darn near broke it yesterday
May 12, 2014, 6:33 AM EDT
Derek Norris smacked two homers and Gio Gonzalez flashed some Natitude
May 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Yu Darvish once again fell one out shy of a no-hitter on Friday night. He doesn’t need one to prove he’s one of the very best pitchers in baseball.
May 9, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
All intentional walks stink. Some, however, stink worse than others. As a service, Joe Posnanski has created the Intentional Walk Rage System to gauge these things. Ned Yost darn near broke the thing last night.
May 9, 2014, 6:31 AM EDT
Getting Shemped: That moment when you decide to stay up late and watch the Dodgers and found out you got stuck with a Josh Beckett start.
May 8, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Felix Hernandez struggled yesterday, allowing four runs on 11 hits in 6.1 innings against the A’s and the weird part is that he had zero strikeouts.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 7, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
As part of the promotion for his upcoming auto-biography former Yankees closer Mariano Rivera posted an excerpt in the New York Daily News saying that he’d rather have Dustin Pedroia than longtime teammate Robinson Cano as his second baseman.
May 7, 2014, 8:35 AM EDT
Don’t sleep on the Mariners. And, yes, I suppose that does mean that I am telling you to go Sleepless in Seattle.
May 7, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
Baseball has been played for 150 years, but a first in Major League history occurred last night.
May 6, 2014, 8:38 AM EDT
This will go unnoticed in Boston and New York and the matter will be forgotten by lunch. Right?
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 5, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Are the Orioles interested in Kendrys Morales or not?
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
May 4, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Abraham Almonte has been ice cold at the plate. The Mariners hope spending some time back at Triple-A will help him figure things out.
May 3, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Coming off a breakthrough 2013, Hisashi Iwakuma is finally ready to make his season debut.
May 2, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Kendrys Morales remains a free agent, but according to Jon Heyman, he and the Orioles have been having a dialogue.
May 2, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Let’s play two! Three times! And let’s have a sweep in all three of them!
May 1, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Out since early spring training with a finger injury, Mariners right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma is expected to come off the disabled list and make his season debut Saturday against the Astros.
Apr 30, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
How dare the fans “out in the hinterlands” mock Cano for being greedy? I mean, they’re not columnists!
Apr 30, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
The Yankees Bleacher Creatures chanted “You sold out!” at Robinson Cano. The world is made for people who aren’t cursed with self-awareness.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)