Mar 31, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
Chavez appeared in 80 games for the Mariners last season.
Mar 30, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
He just signed on March 9, but after three awful appearances, the M’s have cut bait.
Mar 27, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
The Rule 5 pick had a decent shot of making the Mariners’ pen out of camp.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
The pitching is great and the offense should be better. But is better good enough?
Mar 26, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Saunders was acquired from the Mariners in exchange for J.A. Happ in December and will be the Blue Jays’ starting left fielder once he’s healthy.
Mar 26, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Presumably he’s done enough to get the job.
Mar 25, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Will the Padres’ bold moves lead to a playoff appearance?
Mar 23, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
They’ve reshuffled the deck for 2015. But that’s OK, they do that a lot and it always seems to work out OK.
Mar 21, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Kris Bryant’s incredibly hot spring continued on Saturday as he socked another pair of dingers.
Mar 19, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
And it’s about time.
Mar 14, 2015, 4:14 PM EDT
Chris Taylor has been competing with Brad Miller for the Mariners’ starting shortstop job this spring, but he’ll now begin the season on the disabled list.
Mar 11, 2015, 7:24 PM EDT
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was eased into activities this spring after undergoing season-ending surgery last August to repair a torn labrum in his left hip. But he made his 2015 Cactus League debut on Monday and then truly made his presence felt in his second Cactus League game on Wednesday …
Mar 11, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
A day after the Blue Jays get some bad news they get a little bit of good news.
Mar 6, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
Beimel pitched well for the Mariners last season, throwing 45 innings with a 2.20 ERA.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Now that David Price is out of the picture the Rays need a new Opening Day starter.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:17 AM EDT
The lives of a couple of “Moneyball” players serves as a jumping off point for a good Monday morning rant.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Michael Saunders will return to the Blue Jays a lot sooner than anticipated.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Spring training is starting poorly for Toronto.
Feb 23, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
The first day of full workouts is about as low stress as it gets for managers all season. I suppose that explains the plainspokenness.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Alex Gordon has a tough decision ahead of him — he has a player option for the 2016 season. If he doesn’t choose to use it, he would become a free agent after this season.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 19, 2015, 10:17 PM EDT
Saunders previously pitched for the Seattle in 2013 and posted an ugly 5.26 ERA and 107/61 K/BB ratio across 183 innings.
Feb 14, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
J.J. Hardy wanted to stay in Baltimore and would have signed an extension sooner if it had been entirely up to him.
Feb 12, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Perez was once a mainstay in the Indians’ bullpen, making 70 or more appearances in three out of four seasons from 2008-2011.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 23
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 25
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)