Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 AM EDT
Nine wins in a row and the shelling of a Tigers ace for the second straight night. And with that, the Royals are in first place.
Jun 16, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Logan Morrison required five stitches in his forehead after he broke his bat in frustration yesterday, but the good news is that he won’t have to miss any time.
Jun 16, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Breakin’ bats in the hot sun . . . he fought the bat and the bat won, he fought the bat and the bat won.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
Jun 13, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Macklemore threw out the ceremoninal first pitch before last night’s Mariners-Yankees game in Seattle and … well, a couple things:
Jun 13, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
He’s 40, he’s from West Virginia and he goes after anyone who criticizes Yasiel Puig. It’s like I’m looking into a mirror.
Jun 12, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Jesus Montero has been a bust for the Mariners since they acquired him as a top prospect from the Yankees for Miguel Pineda, but he’s hit reasonably well at Triple-A this season and now he’s on his way back to the majors.
Jun 11, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Justin Smoak has been placed on the disabled list with a quad injury and Logan Morrison will start at first base in his first game back Wednesday versus the Yankees.
Jun 11, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
One side effect of the Twins signing Kendrys Morales to be their everyday designated hitter is that it pushed Josmil Pinto out of the lineup and, it turns out, back to the minors.
Jun 11, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
After re-signing with the Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew went 1-for-14 and then injured his oblique muscle, but the other Scott Boras client who sat out the first two months of the season before finally signing, Kendrys Morales, is showing zero signs of rust.
Jun 10, 2014, 6:28 AM EDT
Lonnie Chisenhall went 5 for 5 with 3 home runs and 9 RBI. Mercy.
Jun 9, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
That’s 13 losses in 14 games for Tampa Bay.
Jun 9, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Playing shape? Eh, he’s DHing. He’ll get in shape on the fly.
Jun 9, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann was on point and the Nationals have won seven of their past nine and are now tied for first place.
Jun 8, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista has passed Mike Trout in the AL All-Star balloting.
Jun 8, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez didn’t get the win against the Rays this afternoon, but he tossed seven scoreless innings and reached a new career-high in strikeouts in the process.
Jun 8, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
The Rangers can’t catch a break. The day the Kendrys Morales deal with the Twins is finalized, they learn Mitch Moreland will miss three months due to ankle surgery.
Jun 8, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
In order to make room for Kendrys Morales on the roster, the Twins designated Jason Kubel for assignment.
Jun 7, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Kendrys Morales has finally found a home. It’s in Minnesota.
Jun 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Kendrys Morales can add another suitor to the list now that he is no longer attached to draft pick compensation.
Jun 5, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
As soon as the draft kicks off tonight, Kendrys Morales will be free of the draft pick compensation hanging over him.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
The Indians, A’s and Jays are surging. The Yankees, Rays and Braves are reeling. The Padres won a game despite getting only one hit. As Earl Weaver once said: Baseball: we do this every day, lady.
Jun 4, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Henderson Alvarez has three shutouts. Three shutouts was enough to be the full-season leader in that category in five of the past 11 seasons.
Jun 3, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
So much for that.
Jun 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
And that could take the Yankees off the Kendrys Morales patrol.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 34
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 22
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 43
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 32
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)