Jun 4, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
Ruggiano is batting just .214/.321/.357 with two home runs and three RBI over 81 plate appearances this season, but he has produced an .823 OPS against southpaws.
Jun 4, 2015, 10:01 AM EDT
Shoot those arrows.
Jun 3, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
Quite a splash here for the early-June market …
Jun 3, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Everybody got a piece of Lloyd McClendon’s mind last night.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
Today: lessons in (a) how to call people by their proper name; (b) why you watch an entire game; and (c) how to commit seppuku. Really!
Jun 1, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
Logan Morrison will bat leadoff Monday for the first time in his career.
May 31, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Bryce Harper, tied for the major league lead in home runs, may not participate in the 2015 Home Run Derby in July.
May 29, 2015, 8:08 PM EDT
The Mariners will lose starter James Paxton for a couple of weeks due to strained finger tendon.
Felix Hernandez and Chris Archer dueled. Chris Archer, by one measure, pitched better. Felix Hernandez won.
May 27, 2015, 3:36 PM EDT
Game scores are interesting things. Wins — the team kind, anyway — are far more satisfying.
May 27, 2015, 8:42 AM EDT
Major League Baseball will likely fine Cash for his postgame comments. Because, while umpires don’t have much apparent accountability for their actions, managers do.
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 26, 2015, 6:51 AM EDT
Walking Mike Trout, running Bartolo Colon. Today’s ATH has everything.
May 25, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Last time he started in left field and batted fifth for the Rangers? July 27, 2010.
May 22, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz kept pace with Bryce Harper, taking back the MLB lead in home runs shortly after losing it.
May 21, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
Ace vs. Ace. Advantage: Bumgarner.
May 21, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Outside of Bryce Harper’s ejection, there were really no exciting doings in Major League Baseball last night. So let’s talk about “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
May 19, 2015, 10:08 PM EDT
Watch as Nelson Cruz reclaims the major league home run lead from Bryce Harper with this three-run shot to deep left-center field Tuesday evening against Orioles starter Miguel Gonzalez …
May 19, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Mariners outfielder Seth Smith hit a leadoff homer in the top of the first inning Tuesday off Orioles starter Miguel Gonzalez. And then he took one away from Adam Jones in the bottom half …
May 19, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
A depth move for the Mariners.
May 18, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Milwaukee is 13-24 and has already fired manager Ron Roenicke.
May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
May 16, 2015, 10:02 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz continues to thrive with the Mariners.
May 16, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a milestone for Clayton Kershaw.
May 15, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Bradley’s value is apparently very low.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)