Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
But it’s probably too little, too late.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 23, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
The ride might be over for the 2014 Mariners. Felix Hernandez was lit up for eight earned runs in just 4 2/3 innings and Seattle’s offense didn’t make any noise beyond the top of the third as the M’s fell 10-2 to the host Blue Jays on Tuesday evening in Toronto. It’s the fourth straight loss for Seattle.
Sep 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
This season can’t end soon enough for some teams.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 22, 2014, 6:28 PM EST
In other words: He won’t be an option again this season even if the Mariners make a deep playoff run.
Sep 20, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
Twins right-hander Phil Hughes has thrived with a change of scenery this season and he could finish the year with a place in MLB history.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
It’s not dark yet for the Brewers, but it’s getting there. It’s absolutely pitch black for the A’s, though.
Sep 18, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Josh Hamilton rejoined the Angels’ lineup Tuesday after sitting out 10 games with a right shoulder injury, but he missed last night’s game and is out of the lineup again tonight with more shoulder problems.
Sep 18, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Wade LeBlanc is taking his place, but don’t worry.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 15, 2014, 11:29 PM EST
Pujols suffered the injury while running to second base on a three-run double.
Sep 15, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Tampa Bay has called up switch-hitting infielder Nick Franklin, whom the Rays acquired from the Mariners on July 31 in the three-team trade revolving around David Price.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a crucial series in the AL Wild Card race.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:12 PM EST
The Mariners have been without Saunders since July 10 due to an oblique strain and a viral infection.
Sep 6, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Melky Cabrera’s 2014 season is over as he’ll need surgery to repair his broken pinkie finger. He says he wants to return to the Blue Jays next season.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 4, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Young has allowed eight runs on 11 hits and seven walks in 4 1/3 innings over his last two starts.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
After being traded from the White Sox to the Athletics prior to the waiver deadline, Adam Dunn said he wanted to retire after the season. He has since had a change of heart.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)