May 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Nick Franklin’s last call-up to the Mariners was very brief, but he’s been crushing Triple-A pitching all season after losing his starting second base job to Robinson Cano and now he’s headed back to Seattle again.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EDT
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 18, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Corey Hart, seemingly perpetually injured, suffered an injury on Sunday against the Twins.
May 14, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Ben Zobrist dislocated his left thumb sliding into second base on Wednesday afternoon.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 13, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
This has been a month of rarities for Mariners ace Felix Hernandez. Last week he recorded zero strikeouts in a game for the first time in 181 starts and last night he was ejected from a game for the first time in his entire 10-year career.
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EDT
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
We now have a scale to measure this — The Intentional Walk Rage System — and Ron Washington darn near broke it yesterday
May 12, 2014, 6:33 AM EDT
Derek Norris smacked two homers and Gio Gonzalez flashed some Natitude
May 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Yu Darvish once again fell one out shy of a no-hitter on Friday night. He doesn’t need one to prove he’s one of the very best pitchers in baseball.
May 9, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
All intentional walks stink. Some, however, stink worse than others. As a service, Joe Posnanski has created the Intentional Walk Rage System to gauge these things. Ned Yost darn near broke the thing last night.
May 9, 2014, 6:31 AM EDT
Getting Shemped: That moment when you decide to stay up late and watch the Dodgers and found out you got stuck with a Josh Beckett start.
May 8, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Felix Hernandez struggled yesterday, allowing four runs on 11 hits in 6.1 innings against the A’s and the weird part is that he had zero strikeouts.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 7, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
As part of the promotion for his upcoming auto-biography former Yankees closer Mariano Rivera posted an excerpt in the New York Daily News saying that he’d rather have Dustin Pedroia than longtime teammate Robinson Cano as his second baseman.
May 7, 2014, 8:35 AM EDT
Don’t sleep on the Mariners. And, yes, I suppose that does mean that I am telling you to go Sleepless in Seattle.
May 7, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
Baseball has been played for 150 years, but a first in Major League history occurred last night.
May 6, 2014, 8:38 AM EDT
This will go unnoticed in Boston and New York and the matter will be forgotten by lunch. Right?
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 5, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Are the Orioles interested in Kendrys Morales or not?
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
May 4, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Abraham Almonte has been ice cold at the plate. The Mariners hope spending some time back at Triple-A will help him figure things out.
May 3, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Coming off a breakthrough 2013, Hisashi Iwakuma is finally ready to make his season debut.
May 2, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Kendrys Morales remains a free agent, but according to Jon Heyman, he and the Orioles have been having a dialogue.
May 2, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Let’s play two! Three times! And let’s have a sweep in all three of them!
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (219)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)