Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EST
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 16, 2014, 1:08 PM EST
The Mariners have won five straight games while the Tigers have dropped seven out of their last 10.
Aug 16, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
Oh, and we also get a bonus collision between Victor Martinez and Logan Morrison at first base. Fortunately nobody got hurt here, so this video is just a lot of fun to watch.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
Joe Posnanski ranks all 30 MLB ballparks. Spoiler alert: Wrigley Field is No. 1.
Aug 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Well, at least he has his health.
Aug 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
He’s beating the deadballers at their own game.
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EST
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
He’s under contract for $3 million next season as part of a two-year, $5.8 million deal.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Aug 6, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Something’s just not adding up at the moment for a Nationals club that at times looks like the most-dominant team in the National League yet lately has been finding creative and agonizing ways to lose ballgames.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
Aug 4, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Last week the Yankees made several moves before the trade deadline, but George King of the New York Post says one move they wanted to make but couldn’t pull off was acquiring Dustin Ackley from the Mariners.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Aug 3, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
Colon will hit a milestone if he can reel off a third straight victory this afternoon.
Aug 2, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
The Mariners outrighted Blake Beavan and placed Corey Hart on the disabled list, making room for James Paxton to come off of the disabled list.
Aug 1, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
James Jones has been the Mariners’ starting center fielder since making his MLB debut in mid-April, logging more than 300 plate appearances, but now the 25-year-old is headed back to Triple-A following yesterday’s trade for Tigers center fielder Austin Jackson.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Paxton has begun his career by going 5-0 with a 1.75 ERA in six starts dating back to last season’s debut.
Aug 1, 2014, 6:35 AM EST
A good day for Clayton Kershaw. A bad day for Cliff Lee, Tyler Skaggs and Eric Hosmer.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:24 PM EST
Royals robbed of their hottest hitter after quiet deadline day Thursday.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:12 AM EST
Because, if you haven’t noticed, they have not sewn up the AL West yet.
Jul 31, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
It was quite a tribute to Greg Maddux, actually.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)