Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 9, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
After a spectacular start to his MLB career Mashiro Tanaka has looked somewhat human of late, allowing nine runs and a .333 opponents’ batting average in his last two starts. And now we may know why.
Jul 8, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Mariners right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma took the mound last night against the Minnesota Twins for the fifth time in his career and for the fifth time in his career he defeated them without allowing an earned run.
Jul 8, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Not a popular move among Mariners players, but when you’re actually contending you gotta make hard choices sometimes.
Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
There were fireworks in the 11th inning in Washington last night, but there were also five shutouts around the bigs as the new era of the pitcher continues.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Like we said earlier today: the so-called snubs have a way of working themselves out.
Jul 7, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
There are eight days until the All-Star Game. Almost all of these “snubs” will work themselves out.
Jul 6, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
Two Mets minor leaguers were arrested for drag racing in Kingsport, Tennessee on Friday.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 5, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
The Blue Jays made a slight change in reserve outfield depth, picking up Cole Gillespie off of waivers from the Mariners and designating Kenny Wilson for assignment.
Jul 4, 2014, 4:06 PM EST
Justin Smoak is off the disabled list after missing nearly a month with a strained quadriceps, but instead of simply adding him to the active roster the Mariners demoted the first baseman to Triple-A.
Jul 4, 2014, 1:03 PM EST
Out since mid-May with a hamstring injury, Corey Hart is off the disabled list and ready to resume his attempted bounceback season with the Mariners.
Jul 3, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Masahiro Tanaka began his major league career with 16 consecutive quality starts. That streak came to an end Thursday against the Twins.
Jul 1, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Taijuan Walker rejoined the Mariners’ rotation yesterday after a long time on the sidelines and fellow top pitching prospect James Paxton is finally making some progress in his return as well.
Jul 1, 2014, 6:34 AM EST
Every ten years or so, the Tigers get a walkoff grand slam. Like, every ten years or so, basically to the week.
Jun 30, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
No Altuve, no justice.
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 28, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Jose Altuve is one reason why you should start paying attention to the Astros.
Jun 27, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
Jesus Montero’s latest stint in the big leagues was a short one, as the Mariners have demoted the one-time top prospect back to Triple-A to make room for outfielder Michael Saunders’ return from the disabled list.
Jun 26, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
I have no idea what it is with former New York catchers that make them so certain that everyone else on the planet is dumb, but between him and Paul Lo Duca, they have that market cornered.
Jun 24, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Orange is the new Northwest Green, navy blue and silver
Jun 24, 2014, 6:44 AM EST
Two guys had multiple homer games last night. Four teams got shutout. Just another night in the all-or-nothing age of Major League Baseball
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 AM EST
Nine wins in a row and the shelling of a Tigers ace for the second straight night. And with that, the Royals are in first place.
Jun 16, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Logan Morrison required five stitches in his forehead after he broke his bat in frustration yesterday, but the good news is that he won’t have to miss any time.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 142
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 66
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (144)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)