Jun 2, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
The Royals are considering making a run at Kendrys Morales as they attempt to upgrade their offense, but it won’t be easy.
Jun 2, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Whether they grab him depends on Mark Teixiera.
Jun 2, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Robinson Cano is back in the Mariners’ starting lineup tonight after missing the past four games with a stomach virus followed by a bruised hand.
Jun 2, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Gentlemen: clutch your pearls.
Jun 2, 2014, 6:08 AM EST
Six shutouts on Sunday afternoon. So don’t worry if you think you wasted your day because 20% of all major league teams didn’t get much done yesterday either.
May 31, 2014, 3:41 PM EST
Mark Teixeira is having issues with his wrist again.
May 31, 2014, 2:09 PM EST
Marlins reliever Carter Capps was placed on the disabled list earlier this week with a right elbow sprain.
May 30, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Robinson Cano is out of the Mariners’ lineup tonight for the second straight game with an illness.
May 29, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Taijuan Walker made his first minor-league rehab start last night as he comes back from a shoulder injury and the Mariners rookie wasn’t thrilled with his performance against Triple-A hitters.
May 29, 2014, 7:01 AM EST
Ryan Howard walked the Phillies off with a three-run homer. Josh Donaldson did the same thing for the Athletics. Really, if you weren’t hitting walkoff three-run homers last night, we don’t want to know you.
May 28, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
James Paxton appeared to be on the verge of coming off the disabled list and rejoining the Mariners’ rotation after missing the past six weeks with a shoulder injury, but now the rookie left-hander has been shut down again.
May 27, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Carter Capps, who racked up 15 strikeouts in 10 innings for the Marlins since they called him up from Triple-A last month, is now headed to the disabled list with a sprained right elbow.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
May 24, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Taijuan Walker will begin a rehab assignment on Wednesday. If things go well, he could join the Mariners’ rotation in early June.
May 24, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
Corey Kluber was magnificant in Saturday afternoon’s start against the Orioles. He deserves a little bit of press for what he’s done this season.
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 20, 2014, 2:59 PM EST
He’s $4 million poorer than if he had accepted Boston’s qualifying offer last fall, but at least now he can play baseball.
May 20, 2014, 2:40 PM EST
Corey Hart is headed to the disabled list with a strained left hamstring and the Mariners have replaced him on the roster by recalling Nick Franklin from Triple-A.
May 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Nick Franklin’s last call-up to the Mariners was very brief, but he’s been crushing Triple-A pitching all season after losing his starting second base job to Robinson Cano and now he’s headed back to Seattle again.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EST
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 18, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Corey Hart, seemingly perpetually injured, suffered an injury on Sunday against the Twins.
May 14, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Ben Zobrist dislocated his left thumb sliding into second base on Wednesday afternoon.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 13, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
This has been a month of rarities for Mariners ace Felix Hernandez. Last week he recorded zero strikeouts in a game for the first time in 181 starts and last night he was ejected from a game for the first time in his entire 10-year career.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 63
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)