Feb 9, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
A total of 11 free agents topped $50 million.
Feb 6, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
We’ve gotten used to this look from Butler. His new look? Not so much.
Feb 5, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
This picture was taken at an Old Timers Day. Guy looks like he could still play.
Feb 1, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Check out what David Ortiz and Robinson Cano think will happen in Super Bowl XLIX on Sunday night.
Jan 27, 2015, 8:28 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have completed a trade for Pirates outfielder Travis Snider. Pittsburgh’s return is a player to be named later and 21-year-old pitching prospect Stephen Tarpley.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:07 PM EDT
Gutierrez has played a grand total of 173 games dating back to 2011 and sat out last season due to a gastrointestinal issue.
Jan 25, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
Corey Kluber won the AL Cy Young Award for his great 2014 season and now the Indians will have to consider whether or not they want to sign him to a contract extension.
Jan 25, 2015, 8:20 PM EDT
The Mariners added some outfield depth, signing Endy Chavez to a minor league deal. They’re reportedly close to signing Franklin Gutierrez as well.
Jan 24, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Franklin Gutierrez could make a return to the Mariners. The 31-year-old outfielder has had trouble staying healthy over the last few years.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 10, 2015, 10:21 AM EDT
Cano suffered a broken toe during the Japan Series in November and wants to test it out before spring training.
Jan 9, 2015, 8:04 PM EDT
Was Carlos Delgado overlooked on the Hall of Fame ballot?
Jan 9, 2015, 6:11 PM EDT
The Cubs and Chris Denorfia have officially agreed on a one-year, $2.6 million deal.
Jan 5, 2015, 8:53 AM EDT
If you say now what the Sporting News said about pitcher wins in 1888, you’re labeled some sort of new age stats geek.
Jan 1, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
Seth Smith could read the writing on the wall after the Padres traded for Matt Kemp, Wil Myers, and Justin Upton.
Dec 31, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
He’s a career .272 hitter with a .725 OPS and has fared particularly well versus left-handed pitching.
Dec 30, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
It was reported as close to happening a few hours ago and now ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick says it’s done: Seth Smith, 32-year-old Padres outfielder, has been traded to the Mariners in a straight swap for 24-year-old right-handed reliever Brandon Maurer.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
San Diego has outfielders to spare.
Dec 20, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Exciting news for Willie Bloomquist fans.
Dec 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Hart was one of the best right-handed power hitters in baseball for the Brewers from 2010-2012.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
Young, 29, batted .302 with seven home runs and .779 OPS (120 OPS+) over 255 plate appearances this past season.
Dec 18, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Lowe began his career with Seattle and had his best season with the club in 2009.
Dec 16, 2014, 6:19 PM EDT
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reported last week that the Rays had received calls from “about a half-dozen teams” regarding the availability of young outfielder Wil Myers. And it appears the Tampa Bay front office was paying attention to those calls …
Dec 15, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
Rios turns 34 in February and batted .280/.311/.398 with four home runs and 54 RBI over 131 games with the Rangers this past season.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 5
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (250)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)