Dec 17, 2014, 2:51 PM EST
Sticking together after seven seasons.
Dec 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 10, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Next free agent reliever domino to fall?
Dec 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
After getting passed over by Andrew Miller and David Robertson, the Astros are now talking to Sergio Romo and Luke Gregerson.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 7, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
The Astros made a big push to sign free agent reliever Andrew Miller before he settled on a four-year, $36 million contract offer from the Yankees. Now the Houston front office is focusing its effort and its budget on a different late-inning option.
Dec 1, 2014, 9:51 PM EST
Romo is coming off an up-and-down year in which he was yanked from the Giants’ closer role.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Astros, in the market for a top-end closer, have spoken to the agent of David Robertson.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
The Astros have their eyes on a few big name free agent relievers.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Asked about his free agency, Panda only says: “I’m just going to celebrate.”
Oct 23, 2014, 2:25 AM EST
Petit deserves the nod over probable starter Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 20, 2014, 4:33 PM EST
Someone asked Sergio Romo what country he’s from at media day today. Last I checked, California was still part of the United States.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:07 AM EST
Watch the rocket Kolten Wong hit to tie up the NLCS at 1-1 for the Cardinals against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong ended a back-and-forth affair in Game 2 of the NLCS with a walk-off solo home run to lead off the bottom of the ninth inning against the Giants.
Oct 11, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
The Giants had an easy time taking care of the Cardinals in Game 1 of the NLCS thanks to another strong start from Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 4, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
We’re in the 18th in Washington, D.C.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:42 PM EST
Yet more drama in the 2014 post-season: the Giants seemed destined to be victims of a Jordan Zimmermann shutout, but rallied with two outs in the ninth to send Game 2 of the NLDS into extra innings.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
Jake Peavy was excellent on Friday as he helped pitch the Giants past the Nationals to take a 1-0 lead in the NLDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Michael Morse is out, but otherwise it’s as expected.
Sep 24, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Not a good look for the Giants.
Sep 22, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
Sergio Romo and Shawon Dunston “exchanged heated words with raised voices” before Bruce Bochy intervened.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Jun 30, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
It became a meme on Twitter and beyond last summer, when the defending World Series champions took one gut shot after another and everyone in the Giants clubhouse wondered whether the most recent loss would represent #Rockbottom.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)