May 2, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
A stroke of luck bailed the Giants out in the ninth inning when their bullpen went into meltdown mode.
Mar 20, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Giants surprised last season with their third World Series title in the past five seasons. What are the chances of a repeat?
Mar 17, 2015, 9:47 AM EDT
“It’s like, we can get this done in five minutes, for real. Call me up.”
Mar 7, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Sergio Romo threw a bullpen and his shoulder checked out, so he should appear in Cactus League exhibitions soon.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 20, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
The Giants reportedly have no plans to attempt to initiate contract talk with free agent Max Scherzer.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
Sticking together after seven seasons.
Dec 10, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Next free agent reliever domino to fall?
Dec 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
After getting passed over by Andrew Miller and David Robertson, the Astros are now talking to Sergio Romo and Luke Gregerson.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 7, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
The Astros made a big push to sign free agent reliever Andrew Miller before he settled on a four-year, $36 million contract offer from the Yankees. Now the Houston front office is focusing its effort and its budget on a different late-inning option.
Dec 1, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
Romo is coming off an up-and-down year in which he was yanked from the Giants’ closer role.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
The Astros, in the market for a top-end closer, have spoken to the agent of David Robertson.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
The Astros have their eyes on a few big name free agent relievers.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
Asked about his free agency, Panda only says: “I’m just going to celebrate.”
Oct 23, 2014, 2:25 AM EDT
Petit deserves the nod over probable starter Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 20, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
Someone asked Sergio Romo what country he’s from at media day today. Last I checked, California was still part of the United States.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
Watch the rocket Kolten Wong hit to tie up the NLCS at 1-1 for the Cardinals against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong ended a back-and-forth affair in Game 2 of the NLCS with a walk-off solo home run to lead off the bottom of the ninth inning against the Giants.
Oct 11, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
The Giants had an easy time taking care of the Cardinals in Game 1 of the NLCS thanks to another strong start from Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 4, 2014, 11:33 PM EDT
We’re in the 18th in Washington, D.C.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:42 PM EDT
Yet more drama in the 2014 post-season: the Giants seemed destined to be victims of a Jordan Zimmermann shutout, but rallied with two outs in the ninth to send Game 2 of the NLDS into extra innings.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
Jake Peavy was excellent on Friday as he helped pitch the Giants past the Nationals to take a 1-0 lead in the NLDS.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 114
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (114)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)