May 16, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Tigers right-hander Shane Greene was forced to exit last night’s start against the Cardinals after five innings due to mild ulnar neuritis in his elbow.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Pitching has been the Tigers’ forte to start the season. They hadn’t allowed an earned run until the sixth inning on Friday against the Indians — their fourth game of the season.
Jan 17, 2015, 9:25 AM EDT
The Tigers have been connected to free agent starters Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Dec 5, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
It’s not just The Man who Would Replace Derek Jeter in this deal. But let’s talk about that for a second too.
Derek Jeter’s replacement: Yankees acquire Diamondbacks shortstop Didi Gregorius in three-team trade
Dec 5, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
“When I saw him he reminded me of a young Derek Jeter.”
Sep 3, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Victor Martinez continued his fantastic season with a great August showing, while Josh Harrison allowed the Pirates to weather the loss of reigning NL MVP Andrew McCutchen.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
The Yankees have lost four-fifths of their starting rotation with Masahiro Tanaka, CC Sabathia, Michael Pineda, and Ivan Nova all sidelined due to injury, but general manager Brian Cashman isn’t ready to throw in the towel on the season.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (113)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)