Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 2, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Castillo and his $72.5 million deal will heads to the minors for now.
Mar 28, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Shane Victorino didn’t like the way a pair of radio personalities in Boston interpreted his desire to see the Red Sox acquire Cole Hamels from the Phillies.
Shane Victorino lashes out at talk radio guys for blowing his Cole Hamels comments out of proportion
Mar 26, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
And, from what I can tell, he’s right to do so.
Mar 21, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Victorino is feeling soreness when he hits from the left side, so he’s giving up switch-hitting again.
Mar 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Worst to first . . . to worst and back to first?
Mar 3, 2015, 10:57 PM EDT
It was a successful afternoon in pretty much every way at Fenway South. Except maybe one …
Feb 26, 2015, 8:40 PM EDT
Victorino gave up hitting from the left side late in 2013, but he’s ready to give it another shot.
Feb 20, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Shane Victorino has the inside track on the right field job for the Red Sox, according to manager John Farrell.
Jan 22, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Victorino was limited to just 30 games last season, so he’s trying to make sure that he’s not a forgotten man going into 2015. Like, really trying…
Jan 13, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
This pic was taken with Nava facing a righty. Expect to see this stroke from Nava against lefties next season too.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
And he’d like you to tell him who’s a better option.
Nov 8, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
The Red Sox have a logjam of outfielders and most of the trade speculation has centered on Yoenis Cespedes.
Nov 3, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
But the Sox are still probably not too interested
Oct 19, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
Boston has an outfield logjam that needs to be addressed this winter.
Aug 5, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Victorino is under contract for $13 million next season.
Aug 2, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
MRI results on Shane Victorino’s back were worse than expected, so he’s going to visit a doctor in Los Angeles for a second opinion. There’s a chance he will need surgery to alleviate the issue.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 24, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Well, it was fun while it lasted.
Jul 19, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
Shane Victorino has been sidelined since May 23 with a right hamstring strain and a back injury.
Jul 17, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Shane Victorino landed on the disabled list in May after he aggravated a right hamstring strain and suffered a setback in June due to a back issue, but he’s finally close to rejoining the Red Sox.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s been less than nine months since the Red Sox hoisted the World Series trophy and less than eight months since general manager Ben Cherington won the Executive of the Year award, but with the team sitting at 43-52 he’s already started to apologize for this year’s product.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 14
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 57
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)