Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
And he’d like you to tell him who’s a better option.
Nov 8, 2014, 4:13 PM EST
The Red Sox have a logjam of outfielders and most of the trade speculation has centered on Yoenis Cespedes.
Nov 3, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
But the Sox are still probably not too interested
Oct 19, 2014, 1:24 PM EST
Boston has an outfield logjam that needs to be addressed this winter.
Aug 5, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
Victorino is under contract for $13 million next season.
Aug 2, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
MRI results on Shane Victorino’s back were worse than expected, so he’s going to visit a doctor in Los Angeles for a second opinion. There’s a chance he will need surgery to alleviate the issue.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 24, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
Well, it was fun while it lasted.
Jul 19, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Shane Victorino has been sidelined since May 23 with a right hamstring strain and a back injury.
Jul 17, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
Shane Victorino landed on the disabled list in May after he aggravated a right hamstring strain and suffered a setback in June due to a back issue, but he’s finally close to rejoining the Red Sox.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
It’s been less than nine months since the Red Sox hoisted the World Series trophy and less than eight months since general manager Ben Cherington won the Executive of the Year award, but with the team sitting at 43-52 he’s already started to apologize for this year’s product.
Jul 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Not the sort of thing team brass typically says.
Jul 11, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino started (or, more accurately, re-started) a minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Single-A, going 0-for-2 with two strikeouts at the plate and playing five innings defensively in right field.
Jul 7, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Shane Victorino has been limited to just 21 games this season due to hamstring and back injuries.
Jun 28, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
The Red Sox have promoted 21-year-old prospect Mookie Betts to the big leagues. He’ll join the team in time for Saturday night’s game against the Yankees.
Jun 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
More bad news for the Red Sox as Will Middlebrooks and Shane Victorino have been shut down indefinitely.
Jun 27, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
The future may be coming to Boston faster than expected.
Jun 25, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
According to beat writer Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald, outfielder Shane Victorino — who had been aiming to return from the disabled list this Friday night — has hit a setback in his rehabilitation from hamstring and back ailments and there is no longer a timetable for his activation.
Jun 13, 2014, 6:08 PM EST
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino is recovered enough from a hamstring strain that he’s been cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment Saturday at Triple-A.
Jun 12, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew is out of the lineup for the fourth straight game tonight after he aggravated his right oblique injury during batting practice on Wednesday. An MRI (and a possible stint on the disabled list) could be next.
Jun 11, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Boston has signed veteran outfielder Andres Torres to a minor-league contract, the team announced.
May 29, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Shane Victorino hurt his right hamstring again and might need some extra time to get back.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 12
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 57
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)