Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
A change in direction doesn’t bother Braves president John Hart.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:49 AM EST
And they want a lot for him.
Nov 18, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Might the Cardinals be a darkhorse in the Jon Lester sweepstakes? Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM says they are “in pursuit,” citing a club source.
Nov 17, 2014, 1:17 PM EST
Fact: when your team is involved, you don’t have to immediately revert to objective analysis of the moves it makes.
Nov 17, 2014, 12:32 PM EST
Tyrell Jenkins and Jordan Walden, too.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:11 AM EST
Letting Shelby Miller bat in the fourth was baffling, but it wasn’t Matheny’s only bad call in Game 4.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
The Cardinals are trying to get the National League Championship Series back to St. Louis, and they’re off to a decent start here in Game 4 at AT&T Park.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:33 PM EST
Shelby Miller vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
For the Orioles, it’ll take a miracle. Meanwhile the Giants seek to take control.
Oct 13, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Last postseason Shelby Miller was the young, high-upside pitcher ignored by the Cardinals in the playoffs, but this time around it’s Michael Wacha.
Oct 9, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
Good news for the Cardinals.
Oct 7, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
Puig out, Ethier in.
Oct 7, 2014, 2:02 PM EST
Clayton Kershaw vs. Shelby Miller.
Oct 7, 2014, 6:36 AM EST
Both can be eliminated tonight, but both have hope: The Dodgers because their ace is on the mound. The Nationals because the Giants’ starter is no one’s idea of an ace.
Oct 7, 2014, 12:13 AM EST
The Cardinals are now just one win away from a trip to the NLCS.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Adam Wainwright will start Game 1 against Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Aug 30, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
The two homers traveled a combined 858 feet.
Aug 17, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
As first relayed by MLB.com’s Jenifer Langosch, the Cardinals have recalled right-hander Carlos Martinez from Triple-A Memphis, optioning lefty reliever Kevin Siegrist in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 29, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman heard from a Rays-connected source Tuesday that the Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace left-hander David Price and the Cardinals and Dodgers are known to have interest.
Jul 23, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
As first reported by Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Cardinals have decided to move Shelby Miller back into the starting rotation and Carlos Martinez to the bullpen for their upcoming three-game series at Wrigley Field. Miller will start Saturday afternoon against the Cubs.
Jul 19, 2014, 10:19 AM EST
In addition to pushing back Adam Wainwright’s first start of the second half, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny announced yesterday that Shelby Miller will be moved to the bullpen indefinitely.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 0
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 31
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 12
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 133
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (136)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)