Jul 1, 2015, 9:32 PM EDT
You’re gonna want to see this play that Manny Machado pulled off in Wednesday night’s game …
Jul 1, 2015, 7:31 AM EDT
Shutouts are rare in baseball these days. M’s rookie Mike Montgomery has two in a row.
May 14, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Your mid-50s-year-old drunk uncle who peaked during Reagan’s first term and has hated everything since has some questions about Corey Kluber’s toughness.
Apr 10, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
It never ends for the Rangers.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 2, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Will this get worse before it gets better?
Mar 31, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Is the fun over in Cincy?
Mar 14, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Martin will provide speed at the top of the lineup, but he owns a .316 on-base percentage over his first 334 games in the majors.
Feb 9, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Know we know which injured Texas Ranger is doing better.
Jan 10, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
Shin-Soo Choo is only a few months removed from ankle surgery, but he says he feels “too good” with spring training drawing close.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Sep 16, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
Choo’s ankle apparently bothered him for most of the season, which helps explain why he hit just .242 with 13 homers and a .714 OPS in the first year of a seven-year, $130 million contract.
Aug 29, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
The injury-ravaged Rangers managed to tie a major league record for all the wrong reasons when they called up Ryan Rua from Triple-A on Friday.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 25, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
Capping off a disappointing first year with the Rangers, Shin-Soo Choo is headed for season-ending elbow surgery.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
The Rangers had high hopes when they signed outfielder Shin-Soo Choo to a seven-year, $130 million contract over the winter, but a lingering injury to his left ankle is a major reason why his first season with Texas has been a bust.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
Apr 28, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Shin-Soo Choo is available off the bench tonight and could return to the starting lineup tomorrow.
Apr 22, 2014, 8:29 AM EDT
He’s day-to-day, as are we all.
Apr 17, 2014, 4:24 PM EDT
Slow starts for the well-paid are beginning to be reversed.
Apr 5, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
This hasn’t been the best week for Billy Hamilton. The speedy outfielder is now dealing with a jammed finger.
Apr 3, 2014, 6:59 AM EDT
The Blue Jays 2013 plan worked out pretty well for their second game in 2014. And Jonathan Papelbon shows us the meaning of accountability. In his own special way.
Apr 3, 2014, 1:04 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Phillies might not have a top-five bullpen after all.
Apr 2, 2014, 5:22 AM EDT
Major League Baseball wanted a challenge system for replay. Everyone except Major League Baseball said a challenge system would be flawed and would lead to problems. The Giants-Dbacks game last night showed us exactly what those problems are.
Mar 30, 2014, 11:28 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Cincinnati Reds. The Big Question: Is this still a playoff team? The Reds won 90 games last year to…
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)