Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 28, 2014, 5:50 PM EST
Sonny Gray was efficient in shutting out the Rangers on Sunday afternoon, helping the Athletics finally clinch the second AL Wild Card.
Sep 28, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
There are still three undecided races heading into the final day of the regular season: the American League Central, the National League Central, and the second American League Wild Card spot. Let’s get weird.
Sep 28, 2014, 1:15 AM EST
The Mariners walked off in the 11th inning on Saturday, keeping their Wild Card hopes alive. They can force a tie-breaker with a win and an Athletics loss on Sunday.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
It’s not dark yet for the Brewers, but it’s getting there. It’s absolutely pitch black for the A’s, though.
Sep 14, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Athletics changed up their starting rotation order so that Sonny Gray lines up to pitch the final game of the season on the road against the Rangers.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a crucial series in the AL Wild Card race.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The hourglass is running low on this team.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
The change lines up Sonny Gray, Jon Lester, Scott Kazmir and Jeff Samardzija to start in a big four-game series against the Angels later this week.
Aug 23, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an important AL West battle.
Aug 20, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
Joe Posnanski says the Royals’ plan is finally falling into place and has their fans believing they can get back to the glory days of the 1970s.
Aug 17, 2014, 8:53 AM EST
Suddenly the American League West is all tied up. Albert Pujols and Howie Kendrick both went yard and Matt Shoemaker pitched well over 5 2/3 innings as the Angels topped the Rangers 5-4 on Saturday night in Arlington, Texas. The A’s, meanwhile, got a third straight poor start from Sonny Gray and lost 4-3 to the Braves at Atlanta’s Turner Field.
Aug 11, 2014, 11:24 PM EST
The Royals haven’t been in first place this late in a season since 2003.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 31, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
With Price in town, a guy who one the AL MVP and Cy Young Award a couple of years ago is now the TIgers fourth starter.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
We didn’t see this coming!
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 5, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
The Tigers — Justin Verlander specifically — have booted the Athletics out of the ALDS in each of the last two seasons in heart-breaking Game Fives. That’s why Verlander thinks that the A’s had them in mind when they acquired Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel from the Cubs on Friday.
Jul 4, 2014, 11:38 PM EST
Billy Beane gets a jump on the trade market by parting with Addison Russell, Billy McKinney.
Jul 4, 2014, 9:04 AM EST
Baseball needs to make an immediate fix to prevent a situation like the one which occurred in Oakland yesterday from happening again.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)