St. Louis Cardinals
Oct 3, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Detroit’s manager has looked like a rookie these last two days.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw vs. Adam Wainwright.
Oct 2, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Pete Kozma has a spot, though.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
After Wednesday’s 8-0 loss, it’s time for the Pirates to start thinking about next year.
Oct 1, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
Tony Cruz gets the nod as Yadier Molina’s backup.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright will start Game 1 against Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Craig had a season unlike any other first baseman or corner outfielder in 70 years.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Part Two of our handy guide to help you pick a team to root for in the event your team is not in the playoffs.
Sep 29, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
When you follow THE CARDINAL WAY, you do not celebrate the way heathens like the Dodgers do.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 28, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto delivered eight innings of one-run ball and smacked a go-ahead RBI single in the bottom of the eighth as the Reds defeated the Pirates 4-1 on Sunday afternoon at Cincinnati’s Great American Ball Park, ousting Pittsburgh from the division race while allowing St. Louis to scratch ace right-hander Adam Wainwright from his scheduled start in Arizona.
Sep 28, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
A flu bug has been going around the Cardinals’ clubhouse for the past couple of weeks and it took ahold of Matt Holliday on Saturday night in Arizona, but he is back in the starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale versus the Diamondbacks.
Sep 28, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
There are still three undecided races heading into the final day of the regular season: the American League Central, the National League Central, and the second American League Wild Card spot. Let’s get weird.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
The Pirates and Cardinals go into the final game of the season still vying for the NL Central title.
Sep 27, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
With the loss by the Pirates, the Cardinals can clinch the National League Central with a win over the Diamondbacks tonight.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
He’s expected to return for the final series of the regular season that begins Friday in Arizona.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 23, 2014, 9:10 AM EDT
He has won 19 or 20 games four times in his last five seasons.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 20, 2014, 10:49 AM EDT
John Lackey had his most recent turn in the Cardinals’ rotation skipped due to a “dead arm,” but he was impressive in his return last night.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
It’s not dark yet for the Brewers, but it’s getting there. It’s absolutely pitch black for the A’s, though.
Sep 18, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
He pushes the Cardinals one step closer to the NL Central title. And pushes the fading Brewers another game back.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)