St. Louis Cardinals
May 13, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
And for that we should be very, very grateful.
May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
May 11, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Matt Carpenter will rejoin the Cardinals to open up a three-game series in Cleveland on Tuesday.
May 10, 2015, 2:04 PM EDT
Matt Carpenter was held back in St. Louis this weekend as the Cardinals traveled to Pittsburgh because the star third baseman was dealing with a range of concerning symptoms like an accelerated heart rate and extreme fatigue.
May 10, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
Craig went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in Saturday’s loss to the Blue Jays, dropping his season slash line to .135/.237/.192.
May 9, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
Starling Marte could only make it through three innings Saturday against the Cardinals.
May 9, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
The Pirates turned an odd 4-5-4 triple play in the second inning against the Cardinals.
May 9, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Allen Craig is scuffling at the plate, and the Red Sox are running out of patience.
May 8, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Matt Carpenter isn’t in the Cardinals’ lineup for a second consecutive game due to “extreme fatigue”.
May 8, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
Let’s go back in time, shall we?
May 6, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Acquired from the Braves as part of the Jason Heyward trade this offseason, Walden posted a 0.87 ERA and 12/4 K/BB ratio in 10 innings for the Cardinals.
May 6, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
This is easily the most photo and video-heavy ATH of all time. Mostly because pitchers did things with bats and teams wore throwbacks last night.
May 5, 2015, 7:47 PM EDT
He’ll be on a pitch count in his first game back, but if the outing goes well and Lyons struggles there will probably be strong consideration given to promoting Gonzales late next week.
May 5, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
An old friend returns to the site of his greatest triumphs.
May 4, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
And can we determine that in 21 games?
May 4, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
Some late-inning heroics. Extra-innings heroics, actually. Like baseball is some kind of gosh darned after hours club or something.
May 3, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Cardinals won again in walk-off fashion and now own baseball’s best record.
May 3, 2015, 5:14 PM EDT
Lyons has served as a spot starter and long reliever for the Cardinals at various points over the last two seasons. He owns an ugly 4.62 ERA in 89 2/3 career major league innings, but his 1.216 career WHIP and 7.9 career K/9 aren’t too bad-looking.
May 3, 2015, 1:22 PM EDT
Walden felt discomfort in his right arm while warming up on Saturday afternoon. He told reporters after Saturday’s game that he’s not concerned, but it’s a scary situation for the Cardinals given how well the 27-year-old setup man pitched in April.
May 3, 2015, 8:32 AM EDT
For the second consecutive day, the Cardinals took down the visiting Pirates on an extra-inning walkoff.
May 2, 2015, 8:53 AM EDT
A quick look at a busy Friday around MLB, including an early NL Central battle between the Cardinals and Pirates.
May 1, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
Is Cole Hamels an ace? The numbers seem to indicate he is.
May 1, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
I feel like issuing an intentional walk to get to the reigning batting champ is not the greatest idea in the world, but I guess they pay Lloyd McClendon the big bucks to make those kinds of decisions.
Apr 30, 2015, 7:36 AM EDT
An empty park, a lefty whining about the shift and me whining about people whining about the “marine layer.”
Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 67
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)