St. Louis Cardinals
Oct 26, 2014, 11:43 PM EDT
One person’s thoughts on the passing of 22-year-old Oscar Taveras.
Oct 26, 2014, 8:37 PM EDT
Oscar Taveras and his girlfriend were involved in a fatal car accident Sunday afternoon in the Dominican Republic.
Oct 26, 2014, 1:05 AM EDT
Some quick notes from Saturday’s Game 4.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Royals bullpen is really good. So good, in fact, that you can’t really use it incorrectly, Joe Posnanski writes.
Oct 24, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
Earlier this week the Cardinals insisted there was nothing wrong with Adam Wainwright’s elbow and he wouldn’t require surgery.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 20, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Cardinals expect that Wainwright will benefit from normal rest during the offseason.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
Choate posted a 4.50 ERA over 61 appearances this season, but he held left-handed batters to an .093/.205/.147 batting line.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Jay played through the injury since July, yet he hit .325 in August and September before going 14-for-29 (.483) in the postseason.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
A.J. Pierzynski wants to play baseball again in 2015, it just won’t be with the Cardinals.
Oct 18, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The baseball world wasn’t the only one surprised that it was Travis Ishikawa who hit a walk-off home run to send the Giants into the World Series. Ishikawa still isn’t sure it was him, either.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Cardinals aren’t expected to retain the services of any of the five players headed into free agency once the World Series is over. Fortunately, none of the five are key contributors.
Oct 17, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
The decision that doomed the Cardinals.
Oct 17, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
Come on, you know you want to see it again.
Oct 16, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
The Giants are headed to the World Series for the third time in the past five seasons.
Oct 16, 2014, 10:44 PM EDT
We have a brand new ballgame in San Francisco.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Game 5 of the NLCS has already been a wild, seesaw affair.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
The Cardinals are one loss away from elimination, but they have grabbed an early lead in Game 5 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:09 PM EDT
Yadier Molina hasn’t played since suffering a left oblique strain in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants on Sunday.
Oct 16, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 16, 2014, 3:28 PM EDT
If you’re missing some Big Papi in your life, you’re in luck.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:40 AM EDT
It’s do or die time for Mike Matheny and the Cardinals.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:11 AM EDT
Letting Shelby Miller bat in the fourth was baffling, but it wasn’t Matheny’s only bad call in Game 4.
Oct 16, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Madison Bumgarner — the hottest starting pitcher remaining in this postseason — can pitch the Giants to the 2014 World Series with a victory in Game 5 of the NLCS on Thursday night in San Francisco.
Oct 15, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
The Giants were down 4-1 to the Cardinals after the top of the third inning Wednesday night in Game 4 of the NLCS at San Francisco’s AT&T Park, but they’re now carrying a 6-4 lead into the top of the seventh.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 73
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 38
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)