St. Louis Cardinals
Oct 12, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Korean infielder Jung-Ho Kang is ready to make the jump to the major leagues and could be in line for a big contract after slugging 38 home runs this past season in the KBO.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright struggled in Game 1 of the NLCS on Saturday night against the Giants, allowing three runs — two earned — on six hits and three walks while failing to make it out of the top of the fifth. It’s quite obvious that the heavily-used 33-year-old right-hander is not close to 100 percent health.
Oct 12, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
It’s a travel day on the American League side of things, so all of the focus will be on Game 2 of the National League Championship Series on Sunday night in St. Louis. Let’s preview the action …
Oct 12, 2014, 12:39 AM EDT
After five straight with Grichuk in right, it’s time for the Cardinals to try something different.
Oct 12, 2014, 12:09 AM EDT
Did Madison Bumgarner get away with a balk in the seventh inning of his start against the Cardinals in Game 1 of the NLCS?
Oct 11, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
The Giants had an easy time taking care of the Cardinals in Game 1 of the NLCS thanks to another strong start from Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 11, 2014, 11:07 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner danced out of trouble in the seventh inning to keep his shutout alive in Game 1 of the NLCS against the Cardinals.
Oct 11, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Once again, Adam Wainwright was shaky in a post-season start for the Cardinals, this time in Game 1 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 11, 2014, 8:49 PM EDT
The Giants were able to plate a pair of runs in the second inning of NLCS Game 1 against Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright.
Oct 11, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner vs. Adam Wainwright
Oct 10, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright isn’t concerned about his barking right elbow going into his NLCS Game 1 start against the Giants.
Oct 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
Major League Baseball levied a $5,000 fine to Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina for shoving umpire Jerry Meals in Game 1 of the NLDS.
Oct 10, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Pierzynski last played in the postseason for the White Sox in 2008.
Oct 9, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
Good news for the Cardinals.
Oct 8, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Here’s a cool video and audio mash-up from MLB.com featuring three different calls off Matt Adams’ go-ahead three-run shot against Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw that iced the NLCS for the Cardinals …
Oct 8, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Oct 8, 2014, 12:29 PM EDT
Maybe his secret is that he calls a homer every time?
Oct 7, 2014, 10:17 PM EDT
Watch as Trevor Rosenthal gets Carl Crawford to ground out in the ninth inning Tuesday night at Busch Stadium, securing the Cardinals’ fourth consecutive trip to the National League Championship Series …
Oct 7, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Benching Yasiel Puig in Game 4 didn’t doom the Dodgers, but it probably didn’t help.
Oct 7, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The Cardinals are heading to the NLCS for the fourth consecutive season, and for the ninth time since 2000.
Oct 7, 2014, 7:54 PM EDT
Here’s the video of Matt Adams’ go-ahead three-run shot off Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw …
Oct 7, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
More seventh-inning magic for the Cardinals.
Oct 7, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
Puig out, Ethier in.
Oct 7, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw vs. Shelby Miller.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 14
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 18
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)