St. Louis Cardinals
Oct 15, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
The Cardinals are trying to get the National League Championship Series back to St. Louis, and they’re off to a decent start here in Game 4 at AT&T Park.
Oct 15, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
There was a tone of optimism in the veteran’s voice after he completed a successful bullpen session Wednesday afternoon at San Francisco’s AT&T Park.
Oct 15, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
Yadier Molina has remained on the Cardinals’ postseason roster despite suffering a strained left oblique in Game 2 of the NLCS — an injury that often takes over three weeks to recover from. But it doesn’t sound like we’ll be seeing him in St. Louis’ starting lineup for the remainder of this series.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
Shelby Miller vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
We have a new longform site. At least that’s what all the cool kids call it these days. We just call it great, substantial writing.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
For the Orioles, it’ll take a miracle. Meanwhile the Giants seek to take control.
Oct 14, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
Randy Choate came in and things got weird.
Oct 14, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Randal Grichuk lost track of a ball at the right field wall in the first inning, contributing to the Giants’ big four-run opening frame, but he just redeemed himself with a game-tying solo shot high and deep down the left field line in the top of the seventh.
Oct 14, 2014, 4:57 PM EDT
Travis Ishikawa’s bases-clearing double put the Giants up 4-0 in the first.
Oct 14, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Rosenthal has allowed 10 of the 21 batters he faced reach base this postseason.
Oct 14, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Mike Matheny goes with A.J. Pierzynski as Yadier Molina’s replacement.
Oct 13, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
Before Kolten Wong connected for a walk-off home run to win Game 2 of the NLCS for the Cardinals last night, the Giants tied things up when Matt Duffy scored all the way from second base on a wild pitch from Trevor Rosenthal. Here’s a look at how it all went down.
Oct 13, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
Yadier Molina was forced to exit Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants last night due to an oblique injury, but Cardinals manager Mike Matheny confirmed this afternoon that he will remain on the team’s roster.
Oct 13, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Neither option to replace Yadier Molina is appealing.
Oct 13, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Last postseason Shelby Miller was the young, high-upside pitcher ignored by the Cardinals in the playoffs, but this time around it’s Michael Wacha.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
No pitcher has worked more over the past three season than Adam Wainwright.
Oct 13, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Wong would give you the shirt off his back if you asked him. Maybe next time just ask him?
Oct 13, 2014, 12:59 AM EDT
It’s better than being down 0-2, but…
Oct 13, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
Watch the rocket Kolten Wong hit to tie up the NLCS at 1-1 for the Cardinals against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong ended a back-and-forth affair in Game 2 of the NLCS with a walk-off solo home run to lead off the bottom of the ninth inning against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
The Giants tied the game in the top of the ninth inning of NLCS Game 2 in an unusual way.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
The middle innings haven’t been kind to the Cardinals in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
Yadier Molina left in the sixth inning of NLCS Game 2 with an injury.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Hunter Pence tied the game up with an RBI single in the sixth inning as the Giants pieced together a two-out rally in Game 2 of the NLCS.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 115
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)