Aug 30, 2015, 10:24 AM EDT
Baez batted just .169/.227/.324 and racked up a whopping 95 strikeouts in 52 games last season for the Cubs, but he’s made great strides with his plate approach this year on the farm and he could slide his way into regular playing time in Chicago if he hits well out of the gate.
Aug 27, 2015, 8:38 AM EDT
This is why Starlin Castro does not have the shortstop gig anymore.
Aug 24, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
With a 19-4 record since late July the Cubs are surging, but now they’ve lost a pair of key players to the disabled list.
Aug 12, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
A trade still seems likely at some point.
Aug 6, 2015, 9:59 AM EDT
That’s . . . kind of rude?
Aug 5, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
The Red Sox had a 2-1 lead in the sixth inning of this one. If you were watching, I hope you weren’t the type who falls asleep during the sixth inning.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
He’s signed through 2019.
Jul 25, 2015, 5:53 PM EDT
Cole Hamels is dealing against the Cubs in what could be his final start as a member of the Phillies.
Jul 18, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Jon Lester and a scorer at Turner Field have teamed up to no-hit the Braves through six innings.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:40 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera thought about leasing Corey Kluber but he talked with his financial advisor and determined that owning him was the better option.
Jun 7, 2015, 8:04 PM EDT
Cubs prospect Javier Baez suffered a fractured left ring finger on Sunday during a Triple-A game.
May 15, 2015, 7:36 PM EDT
Gregory Polanco did not look graceful on a misplay in right field, which let the Cubs walk off 11-10 winners on Friday afternoon.
May 14, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
This was the Cubs’ first four-game sweep of the Mets since August of 1992.
May 7, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
“I got your back, Kris”
May 2, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
The Cubs had an unfortunate series of events lead to a little league home run for Brewers outfielder Logan Schafer.
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:47 PM EDT
Russell started at second base Tuesday and batted ninth.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:40 AM EDT
The future is now in Chicago.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Kris Bryant, one of baseball’s top prospects, earned his first major league hit and RBI on Saturday afternoon against the Padres.
Apr 10, 2015, 1:36 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the Starlin Castro rumors to start up again – if that trade speculation ever even stopped.
Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
Apr 7, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
It’s been nearly 48 hours since the Padres’ last deal. A.J. probably has the shakes.
Apr 5, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
The game will be broadcast on ESPN2. First pitch at Wrigley Field is scheduled for 8:05 p.m. ET.
Apr 2, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Will this get worse before it gets better?
Mar 30, 2015, 1:07 PM EDT
Service time manipulation, the depth chart and hacktastic tendencies mean that the future is not quite here for three of the Cubs’ top prospects.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 46
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)