Jan 6, 2015, 9:47 PM EST
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees have worked out the framework of a one-year contract with free agent infielder Stephen Drew. It’s expected to carry a base salary of around $5 million …
Dec 30, 2014, 8:43 PM EST
Stephen Drew has been connected to several teams this offseason despite batting just .162/.237/.299 in 2014 for the Red Sox and Yankees.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 12, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Drew had a miserable 2014 season, but his track record is solid.
Dec 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that the Braves have expressed interest in signing free agent Stephen Drew to play second base.
Dec 5, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
It’s not just The Man who Would Replace Derek Jeter in this deal. But let’s talk about that for a second too.
Nov 29, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Athletics will likely have to address their vacant shortstop position via trade as opposed to free agency according to GM Billy Beane.
Nov 10, 2014, 5:33 PM EST
Nov 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Ramirez, 33, batted .273/.305/.408 with 15 home runs, 73 RBI, and 21 stolen bases over 158 games this season.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:34 PM EST
But will he accept it?
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 11, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
There’s a case to be made that Yankees closer David Robertson could become the first player to accept a qualifying offer.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:54 AM EST
Many, many teams would’ve lined up to sign Hardy if the Orioles didn’t lock him up.
Oct 7, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Up from $14.1 million last year.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Alex Cobb went 7 1/3 innings Thursday before allowing his first hit against the Yankees.
Sep 10, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
We’re still, apparently, in The Land of Murky when it comes to plays at the plate.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EST
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Aug 22, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Robinson Cano has a $240 million contract, his new team has a better record than his old team, and he’s hitting .329 with an .865 OPS that’s slightly above his career mark.
Aug 14, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Home plate doesn’t have a monopoly on problematic rules.
Aug 7, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
Boston’s trade deadline moves left Mookie Betts without a regular spot in the lineup, so the Red Sox have decided to send the 21-year-old top prospect back to Triple-A.
Aug 4, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
“Where was that a week ago?” someone with the Sox probably thought to ask, only before realizing there was no point.
Aug 2, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
Kelly Johnson is on track to be activated from the disabled list on Thursday, after playing in a couple rehab games on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Shortly after acquiring Stephen Drew and Martin Prado in separate trades this afternoon the Yankees announced that starting second baseman Brian Roberts has been designated for assignment.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 30
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 28
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)