May 13, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
Clint Robinson, relief ace.
May 11, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
He retired 21 straight hitters Sunday, striking out 11.
May 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will start on Tuesday against the Diamondbacks after leaving his previous start with an injury.
Stephen Strasburg left Tuesday’s start after three innings with “discomfort under his shoulder blade”
May 6, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“The irritation kind of rattles the cage a little bit.”
May 6, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
This is easily the most photo and video-heavy ATH of all time. Mostly because pitchers did things with bats and teams wore throwbacks last night.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
The players’ only meeting lasted just a few minutes. When it was over, Papelbon was vague about his reason for getting his teammates together.
Apr 14, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
He didn’t reach three home runs until June 7 last year …
Apr 14, 2015, 3:41 PM EDT
Brock Holt is starting at shortstop for today’s game against Stephen Strasburg and the Nationals.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 9, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
Harvey dominated the Nationals and especially Bryce Harper.
Mar 30, 2015, 6:02 PM EDT
That Nationals don’t need another injury. But they may have one.
Mar 23, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Strasburg has started Opening Day for the Nationals in each of the past three seasons.
Mar 21, 2015, 4:59 PM EDT
Strasburg will rest for a few days, but the injury is not a major concern and no MRI is scheduled.
Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
What’s in store for the Washington Nationals in 2015?
Mar 3, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Against the Nationals, on the road.
Feb 25, 2015, 10:34 PM EDT
Most people are high on the Nationals this season, but outfielder Bryce Harper might be the highest of all. Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com spoke with Harper on Wednesday …
Feb 21, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann can become a free agent after the 2015 season, and he won’t discuss a contract extension once the regular season starts.
Feb 21, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
Mets manager Terry Collins said back in December that right-hander Matt Harvey might not make his season debut until the team’s home opener on April 13, but it appears that there has been a change of plans.
Feb 20, 2015, 12:14 PM EDT
Matt Harvey won’t be on the Stephen Strasburg plan.
Max Scherzer might bump him from Nationals’ rotation, but Tanner Roark is saying all the right things
Jan 20, 2015, 3:22 PM EDT
Roark was fantastic in 2014, throwing 199 innings with a 2.85 ERA to give him a 2.57 ERA in 252 career innings as a big leaguer.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
The Nationals appear to be open to the idea of trading Stephen Strasburg according to a recent report.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:44 AM EDT
With Max Scherzer in the mix, the Nationals’ starting rotation has the chance to be one of the best in the last 46 years.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:05 AM EDT
The Nationals and Max Scherzer have reportedly agreed on a seven-year deal.
Jan 18, 2015, 7:12 PM EDT
Max Scherzer is talking with the Nationals and at least one other team about a seven-year contract.
Jan 16, 2015, 10:10 AM EDT
Strasburg was arbitration eligible for the second time after being paid $3.975 million in 2014.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)