Jul 4, 2015, 12:39 PM EDT
Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg exited today’s start against the Giants in the top of the fourth inning due to an apparent injury to his left side.
Jun 26, 2015, 9:14 PM EDT
Max Scherzer isn’t the only Nationals starter who has been pitching well as of late.
Jun 25, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Max Scherzer will start tomorrow night against the Phillies, so the Nationals have a pretty good chance to keep it going.
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 23, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Strasburg was a mess before going on the DL.
Jun 17, 2015, 1:28 PM EDT
Strasburg struck out six, walked none, and allowed four hits.
Jun 15, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
Two weeks after going on the disabled list with a strained trap muscle.
Jun 8, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
With Astros prospect shortstop Carlos Correa about to make his major league tonight against the White Sox, it’s only fitting that we mention that Stephen Strasburg’s major league debut was five years ago today. And what a debut it was.
Jun 6, 2015, 11:42 AM EDT
Strasburg landed on the disabled list last weekend due to a left trapezius strain, but he’s already back on the mound.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
The Nats’ would-be ace has been anything like it this season and now he’s on the shelf.
May 30, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
After making an early exit from last night’s start against the Reds, Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg has been placed on the 15-day disabled list due to neck tightness.
May 29, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg came out of Friday’s start after facing one batter in the second inning against the Reds.
May 13, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
Clint Robinson, relief ace.
May 11, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
He retired 21 straight hitters Sunday, striking out 11.
May 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will start on Tuesday against the Diamondbacks after leaving his previous start with an injury.
Stephen Strasburg left Tuesday’s start after three innings with “discomfort under his shoulder blade”
May 6, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“The irritation kind of rattles the cage a little bit.”
May 6, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
This is easily the most photo and video-heavy ATH of all time. Mostly because pitchers did things with bats and teams wore throwbacks last night.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
The players’ only meeting lasted just a few minutes. When it was over, Papelbon was vague about his reason for getting his teammates together.
Apr 14, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
He didn’t reach three home runs until June 7 last year …
Apr 14, 2015, 3:41 PM EDT
Brock Holt is starting at shortstop for today’s game against Stephen Strasburg and the Nationals.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 9, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
Harvey dominated the Nationals and especially Bryce Harper.
Mar 30, 2015, 6:02 PM EDT
That Nationals don’t need another injury. But they may have one.
Mar 23, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Strasburg has started Opening Day for the Nationals in each of the past three seasons.
Mar 21, 2015, 4:59 PM EDT
Strasburg will rest for a few days, but the injury is not a major concern and no MRI is scheduled.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)