Oct 8, 2014, 1:28 AM EDT
Few changes are needed for the club with the NL’s best record in 2014.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:06 AM EDT
Yeah, but it’ll be all hands on deck for Game Never on Thursday.
Oct 7, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
Triple-digits on the fastball as a reliever?
Oct 3, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Jake Peavy vs. Stephen Strasburg.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
It’s rather surprising to see Soriano there.
Oct 2, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann, fresh off his regular season finale no-hitter, will start Game 2.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Roark has a 2.57 ERA in 252 innings as a big leaguer.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 26, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Nationals shut out the Marlins on Friday afternoon, clinching the best record in the National League which will give them home field advantage through the NLCS.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EDT
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Aug 19, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
The Nationals are the hottest team in the majors. Stephen Strasburg yielded just three hits over eight inning of one-run ball and shortstop Ian Desmond went 3-for-4 with four RBI in an 8-1 stomping of the Diamondbacks on Tuesday night in Washington, D.C.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Doug Fister was a perfectly useful pitcher for Detroit, but he didn’t show up on the radar gun. Now, Fister is leading the National not the playoffs while the Tigers are fighting to stay alive.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Aug 8, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
It’s been a trying year for Bryce Harper, but the Washington Nationals are in first place despite the struggling star.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Jul 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Roark was drafted in the 25th round by the Rangers in 2008 and came to the Nationals in the mid-2010 trade for Cristian Guzman. He never cracked anyone’s top-100 prospect list and didn’t even debut in the majors until age 26 last season after posting an underwhelming 4.04 ERA in the minors.
Jul 12, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
This is the first All-Star selection for Henderson Alvarez.
Jul 7, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz has already passed his home run total from last season and is just five away from matching his career-high.
Jun 26, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Tim Lincecum’s no-hitter reminded me of something.
Jun 24, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
The death of Tony Gwynn is making a lot of guys think twice about their habits and health.
Jun 17, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
The fine folks at CSNWashington.com have video of Nationals ace Stephen Strasburg reflecting on the life of his former San Diego State baseball coach Tony Gwynn, who passed away Monday at age 54 …
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)