Jul 20, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
According to the Boston Globe’s Nick Cafardo, the Blue Jays and Giants are trying to lure veteran second baseman Chase Utley away from the Phillies.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Jeff Samardzija pitched well and got a win — only his third of the season — in his debut with the Athletics.
Jun 22, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
Some bad news here for the first-place Blue Jays. MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm reports that second baseman Brett Lawrie suffered a fracture in his right index finger Sunday when he was hit in the second inning by a Johnny Cueto pitch.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
Jul 17, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Baltimore is already without Brian Roberts and the man who’s filled in for him at second base for most of the past two seasons, Robert Andino, has now joined him on the disabled list. Andino strained his left shoulder diving for a ball Sunday. Or as manager Buck Showalter put it: “He’s got some fibers…
Jun 14, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Steve Tolleson‘s demotion to Triple-A was short-lived, as the Orioles recalled the utility man and placed Endy Chavez on the disabled list with a strained right hamstring. Chavez suffered the injury Tuesday and said repeatedly that he could avoid the DL, but the Orioles decided it wasn’t worth playing short-handed in the hopes a part-time…
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 3
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 28
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)