Jul 20, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
According to the Boston Globe’s Nick Cafardo, the Blue Jays and Giants are trying to lure veteran second baseman Chase Utley away from the Phillies.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Jeff Samardzija pitched well and got a win — only his third of the season — in his debut with the Athletics.
Jun 22, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
Some bad news here for the first-place Blue Jays. MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm reports that second baseman Brett Lawrie suffered a fracture in his right index finger Sunday when he was hit in the second inning by a Johnny Cueto pitch.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
Jul 17, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Baltimore is already without Brian Roberts and the man who’s filled in for him at second base for most of the past two seasons, Robert Andino, has now joined him on the disabled list. Andino strained his left shoulder diving for a ball Sunday. Or as manager Buck Showalter put it: “He’s got some fibers…
Jun 14, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Steve Tolleson‘s demotion to Triple-A was short-lived, as the Orioles recalled the utility man and placed Endy Chavez on the disabled list with a strained right hamstring. Chavez suffered the injury Tuesday and said repeatedly that he could avoid the DL, but the Orioles decided it wasn’t worth playing short-handed in the hopes a part-time…
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)