Jul 20, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
According to the Boston Globe’s Nick Cafardo, the Blue Jays and Giants are trying to lure veteran second baseman Chase Utley away from the Phillies.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Jeff Samardzija pitched well and got a win — only his third of the season — in his debut with the Athletics.
Jun 22, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
Some bad news here for the first-place Blue Jays. MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm reports that second baseman Brett Lawrie suffered a fracture in his right index finger Sunday when he was hit in the second inning by a Johnny Cueto pitch.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
Jul 17, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Baltimore is already without Brian Roberts and the man who’s filled in for him at second base for most of the past two seasons, Robert Andino, has now joined him on the disabled list. Andino strained his left shoulder diving for a ball Sunday. Or as manager Buck Showalter put it: “He’s got some fibers…
Jun 14, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Steve Tolleson‘s demotion to Triple-A was short-lived, as the Orioles recalled the utility man and placed Endy Chavez on the disabled list with a strained right hamstring. Chavez suffered the injury Tuesday and said repeatedly that he could avoid the DL, but the Orioles decided it wasn’t worth playing short-handed in the hopes a part-time…
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 5
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)