Jul 20, 2014, 10:58 AM EST
According to the Boston Globe’s Nick Cafardo, the Blue Jays and Giants are trying to lure veteran second baseman Chase Utley away from the Phillies.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Jeff Samardzija pitched well and got a win — only his third of the season — in his debut with the Athletics.
Jun 22, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
Some bad news here for the first-place Blue Jays. MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm reports that second baseman Brett Lawrie suffered a fracture in his right index finger Sunday when he was hit in the second inning by a Johnny Cueto pitch.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
Jul 17, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Baltimore is already without Brian Roberts and the man who’s filled in for him at second base for most of the past two seasons, Robert Andino, has now joined him on the disabled list. Andino strained his left shoulder diving for a ball Sunday. Or as manager Buck Showalter put it: “He’s got some fibers…
Jun 14, 2012, 5:22 PM EST
Steve Tolleson‘s demotion to Triple-A was short-lived, as the Orioles recalled the utility man and placed Endy Chavez on the disabled list with a strained right hamstring. Chavez suffered the injury Tuesday and said repeatedly that he could avoid the DL, but the Orioles decided it wasn’t worth playing short-handed in the hopes a part-time…
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 7
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)